24 Hours of LeMons race vehicles, see it to believe it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
It took me over an hour to digest these feats of obscure engineering, run in the "24 Hours of LeMons" races, some with brilliant success, others lucky to make a few laps, while others blew-up trying to cross the start line.

Airplane radial powerplants, snowmobile powerplants, diesels, literbike motorcycle powerplants, even a Harley Sportster powered 'racecar.'

Roof art such as dirigibles, a diorama of Tiger Woods's -ex taking a #3 wood to his supine shape, cowering below her; a Cessna airplane wing section, looking like a reject from the World of Outlaws; a horse ridden by a cowboy; a birthday cake car body; boats; Santa and his sleigh, complete with reindeer (several versions!); an Asian carp car body; Snoopy in his WW I aviator's garb, grimacing as he steers the car from the (removed) trunk; the Eiffel Tower (at-least two versions); a pop-up camper, mysteriously capable of driving itself unaided around the racecourse; rooftop Conestoga wagons; the Griswold Family Vacation wood-clad station wagon complete with its eight rectangular headlights and the corpse of Clark's mother-in-law, strapped to the roof; more-than one Homer Simpson vehicle; and my favorite, the Flying Pigs Racing body; these are some of the things you may see, and no drugs are involved!

If it just started snowing in May, where you are, and your Gen 1 is now coated with *&^%$!* white-stuff, take the time to read this thread, the captions are almost as-amusing as the vehicles. It will kill time, and maybe by June, you can ride without your snowmobile suit. :confused2::rofl_200::damn angry::bang head:

http://www.roadkill.com/greatest-24-hours-lemons-cars-time/

I do believe this is the same car that sat in my neighbor's front yard on blocks for 35 years. It disappeared mysteriously one night, I didn't ask about it.
Freewheelin-Pikers-Saab.jpg

Hey, at least he's got Richard Petty's race #!

Points for the cool license plate too.

Man that looks like a really fun event! Loved the Family Truckster from the movie "Vacation" and I thought the "Upside Down Car" was very clever as well.

Attachments

• Family-Truckster.jpg
    Family-Truckster.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Upside-Down-Camero.jpg
    Upside-Down-Camero.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
Back