3inch over swingarm?? Benefits??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newride88

Reaction score
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has fitted a 3inch extended swingarm (or similar) and what are the pros and cons? Are there any benefits?
Just curious as I've noticed a lot of other stretched bikes in mags etc and thought there may have been advantages... :ummm:
What are the disadvantages?

The only reasons you would want to stretch your swingarm are:

- you drag race, and you want to be able to put a lot of power down without wheelying.
- you like the looks of a stretched/drag race bike.

Advantage: more power to the rear tire without the bike flipping over

Disadvantage: forget about turning, the longer the wheelbase the slower the bike will turn. That's why most sports bikes used to race on the track are as short and compact as possible.

Sean Morley makes a stretched swingarm. Talk to him if interested.

1. They look cool.
2. You have the option of being able to relocate shock mounts which can be used to control height and ride spring rate.
3 . More options for rear wheel configurations, types, brake locations etc.

Mine is stretched 80mm on my 88 bike and my 90 is stock. Of the 2 bikes the 88 outrides the 90. It has a Harley front end and Harley wheels but is a better handling/riding bike.

4. They look cool:punk:

Disadvantage is $$$.... but I get a chance to sell a 3" drive extension so that's an advantage:clapping:

LOL, yep! We are going to be stocking his extensions to be used with our extended arms. This allows a deeper notch and leaves that weak link intact (compared to the beefy shaft that others sell).

Sean

I went with Seans 3" stretch 1st im going to need to keep the front end down with the 1500 monster, 2nd running RC wheels the rear rim is offset to the right,with Seans swing arm he can put the rim in the center so it tracks dead on. If you looked at vmax you cant really notice a 3"stretch unless parked beside a stock max. 3" will not affect the handling that much to the average rider , but then again i didnt buy a vmax to carve the canyon with, thats why they make the R1. JIM

Latest posts

Back