4-2 header suppliers...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Ok....I'm only after the header s...Voodoo said no..full only..
Anyone got contact info for Marks ?
I've sesrched but cant find it on here...

Anyone got a good 2nd hand set of headers ?

I would call Sean (one2dmax). His system uses the Marks head pipes, and he may be willing to sell you just that.

Our "VMF LINKS" has the information for Marks Performance Pipes; here is the info from said location:

"Mark's Performance Products (standard) VMAX exhaust system is a 4 into 2 system manufactured from either stainless steel or mild steel with a ceramic coating (silver or black). Our mufflers come with aluminum skins with welded on aluminum brackets and can be made in any length requested by the customer.

Our system offers excellent ground clearance, access to oil filter and drain plug, and allows you to retain your center stand. All of our exhausts are hand made allowing us to offer custom variations to accommodate our customers needs and special desires."

Mark CAN be hard to get a hold of sometimes. Don't give up... It's SO worth it. Phone is the best way as he has issues with his email...
confused24.gif
It may take several phone calls to get a hold of him or you may get lucky and it takes only 1. He's hit or miss but once you get past that he's great.

I just installed his system on my mighty max and must say it sounds amazing... Exactly the sound I was going for.

Give Mark a call at: (760) 948-1346

Agreed, you can get directly in touch with Mark for just the pipe work. I have some used pipes only around here but not going to be nearly as nice as his new system for sure.

Cheers Redbone...I'll call him when i get home.
Sean...
What 2nd hand 4-2 headers do you have ?
Not fussed about condition as they will probably be coated and then heat wrapped.
Please can you pm me details/price etc..cheers

Are the Badger ones , the ones you see on ebay? If so VERY cheap and look very well made. Just have to ship from across the pond though.

The only thing I ll say with Mark's exhaust that I had and I ve heard others say the say thing, is the welds aren't nice. On the inside or outside. For the price I paid I wish I would have gotten a UFO exhaust ( Voodoo ). Much cleaner and I think more scavenging effect from the way it crossed over.

Todd

I think the scavenging on the UFO's isn't right. The lowest HP bikes we've ever tested had the systems on there.

Are the Badger ones , the ones you see on ebay? If so VERY cheap and look very well made. Just have to ship from across the pond though.

The only thing I ll say with Mark's exhaust that I had and I ve heard others say the say thing, is the welds aren't nice. On the inside or outside. For the price I paid I wish I would have gotten a UFO exhaust ( Voodoo ). Much cleaner and I think more scavenging effect from the way it crossed over.

Todd

This dude Todd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vmaxworld2012

it doesnt seem right to me although the stock exhaust crosses over , with a slip-on its pretty much same as ufo,hmf isnt it? i have hmf and hmf says thats the way to do it but i dont believe its right. also ufo makes their own headers thats a fact. voodoo only made the mufflers for ufo , personally i think those mufflers are junk

I think the scavenging on the UFO's isn't right. The lowest HP bikes we've ever tested had the systems on there.

Has anyone ever figured out what is right?

That's an honest question

UFO gathers 2 & 3, and 1 & 4, as did the original HMF's

Marks, the ones I have seen. Gather 1 & 2, and 3 & 4. Then add a crossover usually after the two collectors.

it doesnt seem right to me although the stock exhaust crosses over , with a slip-on its pretty much same as ufo,hmf isnt it? i have hmf and hmf says thats the way to do it but i dont believe its right. also ufo makes their own headers thats a fact. voodoo only made the mufflers for ufo , personally i think those mufflers are junk

I have a UFO 4/1 Dragstar and I got it shortly before John Cornell died, I spoke w/him and ordered it (the megaphone replacement for the shorty balogna-cut stub exhaust tip) w/both size end-caps. I can assure you they are well-built and finished, and are not 'junk.' If you want 'quiet,' look-elsewhere, though. People are always commenting on the appearance and sound note when I stop, especially when a H-D rider hears it. If you're at Daytona for Bike Week, and people empty out of a Harley bar to see/hear what "that noise" is, you know you've got something different!:biglaugh:

That's strange because most of the highest horsepower bikes I ve seen dyno tested had UFO pipes. But dynos are different from operator to actual dyno itself.

I can definitely say that UFO pipes rev faster than Marks exhaust hands down in the mid range. So that to me would say they are scavenging better.

My Dale Walker exhaust seemed pretty decent also, very nice setup and nicely made.

Todd

Are you seeing these dyno numbers in person or on websites? We've had basically every brand though the dyno in Topeka we normally use. The highest STOCK engined numbers:
133 - 99 Vmax w/Kerker
133 - 99 Vmax w/Holeshot
132 - 2001 Vmax w/Marks

All of these have higher miles. I am not sure if we've even had a UFO get into the 120's?

Ima bolt me on a set of SuperTrapp slip-ons and a "Tuner kit" and kick everybody's ass with 160+hp at the rear wheel!! I saw it on Ebay, so it must be true.... :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back