50deg and the sky void of color

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
50deg and the sky void of color. so what do you do? RIDE RIDE RIDE!! :punk: and search for color:biglaugh:

I went for a couple hundred mile ride today before I head back to work tomorrow. Here are a few pictures. I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• ChenaPump1.jpg
    ChenaPump1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ChenaPump2.jpg
    ChenaPump2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ChenaPump3.jpg
    ChenaPump3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 16
  • ChenaPump4.jpg
    ChenaPump4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18
  • ChenaPump5.jpg
    ChenaPump5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
  • ChenaPump6.jpg
    ChenaPump6.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ChenaPump7.jpg
    ChenaPump7.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 10
Man, the end is coming fast, isn't it! :bang head:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. Yup. the season is coming to a rapid close. I'm thinking by the looks of the fireweed about 2 weeks left before all the leaves drop and the 1st snow hits.

Generally I try to ride as long as I can. I've been out in 15 deg weather with snow, providing the roads are mostly clear. but oh well. I got some good riding in this year.

Next year, I have a few plans on hitting the Yukon Territory. :biglaugh:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. Yup. the season is coming to a rapid close. I'm thinking by the looks of the fireweed about 2 weeks left before all the leaves drop and the 1st snow hits.

Generally I try to ride as long as I can. I've been out in 15 deg weather with snow, providing the roads are mostly clear. but oh well. I got some good riding in this year.

Next year, I have a few plans on hitting the Yukon Territory. :biglaugh:

I used to drive to work, 40 min. 1-way, until it got to 25 deg., I'd put it away after that. Good gear really helps the cold but NOTHING will help you in snow!! It's fun, if you don't have too far to go! :clapping:

YT sounds like a great ride!! :eusa_dance:

here is a ride at about 27deg. when I first started riding around. dayum, the bike has transformed from totally stock to what it is now in under 1000 miles.

I need to get another hobby. :rofl_200: and Dustin, what would be good is if I had a few of you guys up here to ride with. I have a couple extra rooms in my house to crash if ever up this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUAFPOa5cc

here is a ride at about 27deg. when I first started riding around. dayum, the bike has transformed from totally stock to what it is now in under 1000 miles.

I need to get another hobby. :rofl_200: and Dustin, what would be good is if I had a few of you guys up here to ride with. I have a couple extra rooms in my house to crash if ever up this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUAFPOa5cc

KJ I would LOVE to ride up there in the summer time. I can't for see me heading up there, but if I ever do I'll give you a shout. You can count on that.

We have been in the high 80's low 90's here for the last couple of days. Put about 400 clicks on the Ninja since Sunday. Gotta get as much in as possible before the snow flies :bang head:

No time to take pics though, kept riding instead. :biglaugh:

Nice Pics KJ. One of my friends from Central Michigan just moved to Fairbanks about 6 months ago and he was telling me how beautiful the trees were. I've been waiting for him to post up some pics, but now I don't have to.

Nice pics KJ, we have trees starting to turn here now too. But I am going with the mindset that it still is warm enough to ride.
It is warm enough to ride.
It is warm enough to ride!

Great Stang thanks for rubbing it in, wadda ya gonna do next, come up here and piss in my mailbox? :rofl_200:

Thanks Tim, I do like to take pictures. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed them. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods I have a couple of spare rooms for ya and a big ass BBQ grill.

Here are a couple more pics I took in the morning of the ride.

-KJ

Attachments

• Mountains1.jpg
    Mountains1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Mountains2.jpg
    Mountains2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Tanana_River.jpg
    Tanana_River.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
Nice pics KJ, we have trees starting to turn here now too. But I am going with the mindset that it still is warm enough to ride.

LOL, that was it!! This morning I walked out in the street and looked at the road, then the sky.. then it was off to work at 37deg. Better then coffee I tell ya.

Well, it's "almost" warm enough to ride!! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• NY Tee shirt weather.jpg
    NY Tee shirt weather.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 12
Awesome pics KJ!!!! One of these days I am going to take enough vacation time to ride across and pop up that way. Lots of great riding between Ontario and Alaska!! Just have to put one of those ugly reserve tanks on cause I hate running out of gas in the middle of nowhere!!

Forecast for tomorrow is 90 degrees tomorrow, so took the day off.:clapping:
Doing this ride with a cpl of friends on their Harley's

Going here
http://www.cyclebahn.com/motorcycle-overland/ABpics.html

hopefully will be able to get some pics
I was in Alberta for 12 days in 2004 and want to go back because I did not have enough time to spend in the places I went. I went to Waterton NP, Banff NP, Buffalo Head Smashed In Jump, Drumheller Dinosaur exhibit. Way too much to see in the short time I was there! Just to ride Waterton and Banff NP's would take a couple of weeks to photograph and enjoy all the sights. The ride from Michigan is kinda boring going across the top of the U.S. , so I would want to go through Canada when I go again. :thumbs up:
If I had my choice I would spend all the rest of my summers riding in and around the Rocky/ Cascade mountains from Colorado to Alaska.:punk:

I was in Alberta for 12 days in 2004 and want to go back because I did not have enough time to spend in the places I went. I went to Waterton NP, Banff NP, Buffalo Head Smashed In Jump, Drumheller Dinosaur exhibit. Way too much to see in the short time I was there! Just to ride Waterton and Banff NP's would take a couple of weeks to photograph and enjoy all the sights. The ride from Michigan is kinda boring going across the top of the U.S. , so I would want to go through Canada when I go again. :thumbs up:
If I had my choice I would spend all the rest of my summers riding in and around the Rocky/ Cascade mountains from Colorado to Alaska.:punk:

Next time you are up this way give me a call. A trip through the Rockies is always amazing, and there is alot to see here. The dinosaur exhibit is pretty cool isn't it.

Back