6.5 Grendel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstyn8

Reaction score
I was looking around for non-biased information about 6.5 Grendel round and realized some members on this board might have some experience. I was looking at building an AR with the 6.5 upper from Alexander Arms and prolly using an AR15 lower from Gunbroker or something. I was just wondering if anyone around here had used anything in 6.5 Grendel? Also if anyone has have you built yours with different uppers and lowers or just bought it fully assembled. I figured I could save a few hundred bucks if I go with a cheaper lower and just buy the upper from Alexander arms. anyways and Info about it would be appreciated.

6.5 is a much better round than the 5.56. The way you describe may or may not save you money at this point. Parts are disappearing at an alarming rate for all assault weapons. People are buying everything they can get their orders in for. We're into an election year with a questionable outcome. The manufacturers I shoot for are running into trouble acquiring the parts they need to keep them in business. Prices will soon go way up for parts then for complete firearms. One of my manufacturers was already told that he could buy parts but only at full retail....

Good Luck....

I guess I better start acting now. Thanks for the help SpecOps! Do you think this round would be a good Hog round?

i was thinking about that but I don't think the beowulf will be around as long. I think the 6.5 is going to last longer as it just became part of SAAMI. I think the beowulf is still propietary. I think the Grendel prolly has more practicle hunting applications as well but i might be wrong like I said I don't have any experience with either just what I've been reading online.

Yea, the beowulf is really not a very practical round. Completely worthless after about 150 yards but sure is fun to shoot and always a crowd pleaser! I'm pretty sure noveske rifleworks makes a 6.5 upper. They can be a little pricey but make a fine product.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back