6 Days, 2 Car Crashes!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
This is almost a surreal moment for me. 6 days ago, my daughter slid off the road and destroyed our Mini Cooper. Total loss. Then today, I crashed my Trabant. Looked down for a second, and then noticed the car in front of me stopped at a crosswalk. The roads were a little slippery and I had not time to stop. Totally my fault.

Thankful for no injuries at all for me or my daughter!

RT_Side_zpsatoliurz.jpg

DSC_0014_zps69oyax7q.jpg

Yikes!!! Still the big deal is that you and your daughter are OK.

Good no injuries other then pride. The second car looks like it might not be too bad? Is that a Chevy? AND a V8?

Wow, glad you daughter is OK, and you, too.

I am thinking that remark by Sean was tongue in cheek, as the Trabant has been discussed on here in another post before. I think I recalled reading the body panels are made of pressed wood or some low-tech composite such as that. That would account for the tears (pronounce, 'taires,' not 'teers') in the material.

Speaking of alternatives to steel, aluminum, or fibreglas for body panels, there is a famous picture of Henry Ford swinging a sledge hammer to hit the fender of a ~1941 Ford Tudor rear trunk, demonstrating its resiliency against damage, because it was made of a soybean composite material. The manufacturers were preparing for the diversion of steel to the war effort, and the soybean composite was being considered as a car body alternative material. Ford, who was a farm boy at heart, held the sledge at its shaft end, and is shown stepping into the swing using body english to deliver a resounding blow. Interestingly, there was a similar picture photo opportunity showing his grandson, Benson Ford trying to replicate the pose on a modern Ford but from his 'choking-up' on the sledge handle, and his tentative swing against the fender, while dressed in a jacket and tie, it's obvious he's got smooth, uncalloused hands, unlike his famous MI farm-boy grandfather. He gets points for trying, and for emulating his father's historic pose.

I decided to research this topic a bit more, and found some interesting facts:
http://www.thehenryford.org/research/soybeancar.aspx

Good no injuries other then pride. The second car looks like it might not be too bad? Is that a Chevy? AND a V8?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 22
Glad you survived this latest car incident unscathed, Mr.Lotsokids.
Perhaps you should consider sticking to a safer mode of transport, namely your VMAX?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::punk:
Cheers!

Is that a Chevy? AND a V8?

Nope. Just a heavily modified Trabant 601. I made it into a '57 Chevy clone myself.
As a formerly Communist country, there is not much LIBERTY here in Hungary. So I get a lot of looks from people in town. When I changed the color to red from tan (painted it myself), it took 5 trips to the "modification office" 45 minutes away. Photos, a ton of paperwork. Wow, that was horrible.

Here's a couple pre-crash pictures of it...

4_zps280b6080.jpg

1_zps764c9c7f.jpg

Simulated towing a MiG at our airbase here.

DSC_0016_small_zpsa4b6a01e.jpg

I'm glad no one is hurt. I'm still going to PT from a drunk that rear ended us at a stop sign in July. Hit us hard enough to total my beloved 99 Silverado.
Steve-o

Glad yall are ok & it was not worse. I guess its in the air. I rubbed the tires on my dually against my sister in laws car about a month and a half ago & dented her fender & ripped her bumper cover lose & then I hit the deer on my wing & today Christine backed into a tree out at the house were trying to buy.

Back