6th Annual Spring Ice Breaker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forecast for the Michigan riders coming to Port Dover looks good too !
Since I'm planning on riding over with Brian, can't let Redbone out LOUD me ... took the "baby baffels" out of my Mark's Pipes and reinstalled the straight pipes in the mufflers to get the full LOUD RUMBLE effect ... as it was designed for. Keeping it this way for the summer.

Correction for Mr Bill: it took me 20 min per muffler to swap the baffels out; remove end caps / pull out baffel & insulation / reinstall pipe / pack insulation in / reinstall end cap. Too optimistic with my earlier time estimate !

Wow, sounds like another great turnout for "Spring Ice Breaker" . It looks like the group is kind of split down the middle with the accommodations. Does anyone have an idea where we should meet on Friday night? I guess the choices would be Angelo's bar or the Erie Beach bar. Both have good cold beer and are very casual, Erie beach maybe a bit less biker bar atmosphere, quieter and much larger. I was thinking maybe join up at the Erie Beach ( Terrace Room ) then we could climb up the hill to Angelo's later in the evening if we feel like it.

http://www.eriebeachhotel.com/index.html

I have made reservations for breakfast Saturday morning 8:30 am. in Simcoe ( about 20 seats ). I hope that will be enough seats.

Saturdays ride will leave from the breakfast location and head south to Lake Erie....west along the lakeshore with a few side trips ( lots of twisties ).....A light lunch in Port Burwell and back along road 45.....we can take a vote and majority will decide if we stop at the Florence Winery for some taste testing and maybe a few bottles to go.

http://www.florencewinery.com/

We will head back down to the lakeshore road for a few more twisties and return to Port Dover to freshen up......

I have reservations for 5:30 pm. at " Dogs Nest Smokehouse " ....unusual gathering place with great ribs, chicken, pulled pork, etc......they have a harley in the dining room!.......this place is fairly small and the only way they could do the large group was to feed us the " Special Smokehouse Platter ".......the platter has a some of everything good on the menu....Cost about $69.00 for the platter....The platter is supposed to feed 4 or 5 persons...we can order 4 or 5 platters and it's a pretty good deal if we split the costs among all of us...... Everyone can get a good tast of everything " Dogs Nest " has to offer....( lots of good cold drinks here as well )

After dinner I figured we would head back to Port Dover for more cold beverages and story telling time.......

That's just a quick outline but if anyone wants to change thing up we can do that as well...

See everyone on Friday about 5:30 at the Erie Beach, Terrace Room

Later

Mr. Bill

Oh yeah....watch out for the bugs boys...

Sounds like a fun filled run just like last year! Lol those bug swarms were almost comical except for the mess they left behind!! Just for those that did not get to witness/ experience the bugs last year let's just say it would be wise keep your face shield down at all times!:rofl_200:
Maybe we could bet Erie Beach hotel to rope us off a area at the rear of the hotel so we can all park our bikes together?
Looking forward to seeing ya'll again!:punk::punk:

Sounds like a plan Bill!!! Will be at the hotel mid afternoon some time. Jodi is bringing the VMOA store kit and the raffle stuff to dinner. Our VMOA Canada account has enough that we can offset some of the dinner bill too. Will get that arranged once we get there.

I'm all fired up, I'll be on the road before 6am tomorrow in high 30 degree weather, hopefully ma nature will have a nice sunrise for me to enjoy going across the Mighty Mac!
Jeff, I try to give you a ring around 9am to update my progress. I'll see the rest of you fine folks early in the afternoon!

I'm all fired up, I'll be on the road before 6am tomorrow in high 30 degree weather, hopefully ma nature will have a nice sunrise for me to enjoy going across the Mighty Mac!
Jeff, I try to give you a ring around 9am to update my progress. I'll see the rest of you fine folks early in the afternoon!

Have a safe ride Brian....see you tomorrow afternoon.:eusa_dance:

Dale

Be safe Brian and Jeff!!! Veebooster I will call you when I am headed your way. Going to hit the QEW and super slab it to your place. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all who attended this weekend!!! Had a blast and even though we had a slight rain delay yesterday. Here are pics I took from the ride. (note: we have hidden Redbone behind a pole in the last pic to protect the innocent):rofl_200:

Attachments

• P6040089.jpg
    P6040089.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040090.jpg
    P6040090.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040092.jpg
    P6040092.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040093.jpg
    P6040093.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040094.jpg
    P6040094.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040095.jpg
    P6040095.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040096.jpg
    P6040096.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P6040097.jpg
    P6040097.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P6040098.jpg
    P6040098.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 22
  • P6040100.jpg
    P6040100.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 22
Some more pics......

Was great to meet up with everyone. Thanks to Brian and Jeff for coming over from Michigan!!!!

Attachments

• P6040101.jpg
    P6040101.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 20
  • P6040105.jpg
    P6040105.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P6040106.jpg
    P6040106.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P6040107.jpg
    P6040107.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P6040108.jpg
    P6040108.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 20
Jim ,
WOW ... what a great time at the Ice Breaker event this year. Got to meet some great V-Max riders from the Onterio area and get in some good rides through the beautiful Onterio country side with them ... a nice primer for the upcoming Thunder in the Valley event in 2 weeks.

A great day for a return trip. At the Port Huron / Sarnia bridge, only a 15 min wait to get through customs... not bad at all. After 3 gas up stops & a lunch break, I got back into Midland around 4:30 pm. having left 10:30 ish from Port Dover. Brian's should be rolling into Brimley around 8:30 pm ish ... earlier if he's able to kick-in the V-boost a little :punk:
We did get a stare down from Onterio's Highway Patrol, who cruised up right beside us coming into the outskirts of Sarnia... just as a reminder for us to stick to the posted speed limits... which we did of course. :rofl_200:
Thanks again Brian for the "group ride" over & back ! This is one event I'm going to try hard to attend again next year !

Last edited:
Yes Blaine, but we actually ride and don't stop everywhere to take pics to prove we were there. Tough to take pics from a moving bike:biglaugh: Like I said we did have a slight rain break while we ate breakfast, but the ride from Simcoe to Port Burwell and back was excellent, couldn't have asked for better.

Jim ,
WOW ... what a great time at the Ice Breaker event this year. Got to meet some great V-Max riders from the Onterio area and get in some good rides through the Onterio country side with them ... a nice primer for the upcoming Thunder in the Valley event in 2 weeks.

A great day for a return trip. At the Port Huron / Sarnia bridge, only a 15 min wait to get through customs... not bad at all. After 3 gas up stops & a lunch break, I got back into Midland around 4:30 pm. having left 10:30 ish from Port Dover. Brian's should be rolling into Brimley around 8:30 pm ish ... earlier if he's able to kick-in the V-boost a little :punk:
We did get a stare down from Onterio's Highway Patrol, who cruised up right beside us coming into the outskirts of Sarnia... just as a reminder for us to stick to the posted speed limits... which we did of course. :rofl_200:
Thanks again Brian for the "group ride" over & back ! This is one event I'm going to try hard to attend again next year !

Jeff,

Really enjoyed meeting you too!!! Always great to meet another Vmaxxer. Glad to hear your trip went uneventfully and that you enjoyed your time at the Ice Breaker!! Dale and I got followed out of Port Dover by one of Ontario's finest as well. Must have gotten the bulletin from the OPP officer that had the group discussion with us by the roadside:confused2:

Yes Blaine, but we actually ride and don't stop everywhere to take pics to prove we were there. Tough to take pics from a moving bike:biglaugh: Like I said we did have a slight rain break while we ate breakfast, but the ride from Simcoe to Port Burwell and back was excellent, couldn't have asked for better.

Jim, you can be such a funny fellow! I am glad the weather held out for you folks and there were opportunities to ride. This area is very scenic in the late spring with all the farmland coming to life. Nice views of Lake Erie as well.

Blaine

Another great VMOA weekend! I had a great time as I normally do, great bunch of folks and riders that I feel right at home with. The roads and scenery are great in this area and so were the eating establishments. This weekend reminds me that it's the great weekend enjoyed with friends that make the VMOA so great, were it not for the VMOA I would not have had a chance to meet all these great people in Southern Ontario! Thanks to the local leadership that take the time to include the new people!
I was happy that I had another rider from Michigan to ride to and back from The Ice Breaker this year, thanks Jeff. He's a great riding partner that I could count on to always be where he should when riding around some of these crazy cagers! Hey Jeff, how fast do you think that Mustang was traveling? He must have been going close to 100 when he blew past me on the right!
After our last gas stop Jeff and I decided to grab a burger from a Flint burger joint that make excellent burgers and topped it off with a Boston Cooler (Vanilla shake with Vernors blended in - Mmm!) A great way to end a 3-day 1000+ mile weekend!

Next up: THUNDER IN THE VALLEY :clapping:

It was great having Brian and Jeff out to the IceBreaker. That's a long haul for both of you.

Thks to Jim, Bill, and Larry for all their work putting it together. It was a great weekend and the first Ice Breaker that I didn't get soaked!

Dale #2592

Back