85 MAX against 82 Nighthawk SC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampRider85

Reaction score
I used to own an 82 Nighthawk CB750SC with an inline four, the bike had awesome power and very fast. I sold it to a guy I used to work with and bought my 85 VMAX last year. My MAX is acting up and dumping fuel into the crankcase (but is getting fixed right now), but the guy who bought my old bike wants to race my MAX. I'm sure the MAX will undoubtedly blow him off the road, but with me only weighing 195 and the power of the MAX, I'm a little uneasy about the race. What do you think, take him on and suck it up or just let him talk trash?

Once you hit that Vboost he'll be a dot in your mirrors. I would go for it and show him why the Max is known as a muscle bike! 1200 vs 750 from the '80s, he does not stand a chance.

my first bike was about 2 years ago...it was a 1982 Nighthawk.
I then sold it a week after buying my 1985 V-Max.

I rode both in the same day at one point(the Nighthawk VERY well tuned and the Max not so well)

Just take him on and desimate him.Unless he has a special button that makes it grow wings,a turbo and a can of NOS you have him dead to rights on track day...or stop light day if youre like me.

Never had a Nighthawk, but I do have a 3rd generation Honda Magna 750cc V4. as well as the Max. The Magna is a sweet handling bike, I actually prefer it in the twisties, but it is not even close to the Max in power.
I have run the Magna against a CB750F, and won handily, if that's any indication as to how it would fare against a Nighthawk

I ride with a guy alot who has a newer 750 nighthawk. I am not sure if the older ones were faster. He wants to get a new bike because when we are goofing off I leave him way behind.

oh man, those nighthawks are no contest to ALOT of bikes. My 84 magna v45 700cc could destroy it any day of the week.

You'll eat a nighthawk easily.

I've always like that evolution of bikes. When I was in highschool with my XS1100 I loved it's power but I have to admit the nightHawk S in blue got me wanting one.

I'm half assed looking for the nighthawk's 1100 cousin now to beef up stretch and generally play with. There used to be one with a mr turbo kit and a wide tire in Anchorage a wile back in the early 90's. the beast ran 9.0's all day long at the track.

Attachments

• Honda-CB1100F-1983.jpg
    Honda-CB1100F-1983.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back