• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

85 Max Springfield IL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it........ I might have to call on that. I am just leery of old bikes like that. Could need brake lines, clutch lines, wiring etc... stuff that old can just crap out on you out of the blue.

I still have some parts left over though..... :)

If lines are your only worry, you should have called already haha.

If I didn't have my max, I'd take the short trip to Chatham(for me) with 2 grand cash just to take it for a spin and see what's going on.

To me it looks like his interests just changed and just wants it gone. But I may be wrong

Edit: also for 2k it may be worth it for the project of stripping it down just for that enjoyment factor also.

Yeah but the problem is for me, I need to have a nice clean bike to start with usually. I don't want to spend $1000 on misc stuff just to make it run like it normally should. Tires and brake pads... thats one thing, but chasing down electrical demons or replacing entire rubber parts for a brake system are another.

Back