"86 won"t rev past 3K

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if the vacuum advance module is causing your problem, but it is one component that is worth checking out to make sure it is working properly.

My first bike was a 1986 V-Max that I bought new. Something about it just didn't feel right to me so I took it to a dealer as it was under warranty and they said that it needed new plugs, but I just changed them like a week before I brought it in. I took it to another dealer and the mechanic said that there was nothing wrong with it and in fact it was actually the strongest pulling V-Max that he's ridden. That was before I told him that I had installed a Dyno Jet kit.

I also called Yamaha and talked to a technical adviser and he agreed with the dealers that there was nothing wrong with the bike. I then installed the Dyno Jet Stage 7 kit with the Kerker 4-2-1 exhaust and it still didn't feel like it was pulling as hard as I thought it should be. So I dug into it and checked everything and found that the vacuum advance module was wired backwards from the factory. I corrected the wiring and Whoa! What a difference. It felt like a different bike.

Have a look at the Ignitech site, they sell them. Sean may also be able to help/ advise?
Before getting a replacement you shold establish that your MAP sensor is Donald Ducked.
I don't know if the Max sensor works with it, other will need to advise.

No, it is rhyming slang for f****d. E.g. Donal Ducked, f****d.

For the complete lexicon have a look here

Note that in common use it is often only the first word of the rhym that is spoken.
Despite the large number of rhymes in the dictionary I suspect that very few are in everyday use. If walking the streets within the sound of Bow Bells you are unlikely to hear much rhyming slang used.

Last edited:
No, it is rhyming slang for f****d. E.g. Donal Ducked, f****d.

For the complete lexicon have a look here

Note that in common use it is often only the first word of the rhym that is spoken.
Despite the large number of rhymes in the dictionary I suspect that very few are in everyday use. If walking the streets within the sound of Bow Bells you are unlikely to hear much rhyming slang used.
Buggered=Broken---We didn't use it in that term for respect to our local Dr. in The Highlands.

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Buggered=Broken---We didn't use it in that term for respect to our local Dr. in The Highlands.
I am familiar with the various meanings of the term but I doubt if your explanation would explain to Wayne the correct interpretation of the slang which I hope I have now done.
I suspect the rhyming slang was in use long before Mr Duck was born so I can only assume his parents were not familiar with the term otherwise they may have chosen something else for a first name?
I hope Mr and Mrs Mouse didn't fall into the same trap.

I hired a guy to install wood floors this week. I can't believe his parents named him Ronald McDonald.

Funny thing though, I had the wrong phone number for him because there is another Ronald McDonald in town.

Maybe they were named before the McDonalds food chain created the Ronald McDonald character?

Are we off-topic yet?

When I was working we had a Dealer Principal called Michael Hunt.
No problem until the female staff were trying to find him and asking 'Have you seen Mike Hunt'.
True story.

Porky's!

That was filmed in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Someone I knew was working as a crewmember and I got a crew t-shirt.

I am familiar with the various meanings of the term but I doubt if your explanation would explain to Wayne the correct interpretation of the slang which I hope I have now done.
I suspect the rhyming slang was in use long before Mr Duck was born so I can only assume his parents were not familiar with the term otherwise they may have chosen something else for a first name?
I hope Mr and Mrs Mouse didn't fall into the same trap.
I've heard of 2 birds with one stone but never 2 mice with one trap-----back to our regular scheduled programming.
I hired a guy to install wood floors this week. I can't believe his parents named him Ronald McDonald.

Funny thing though, I had the wrong phone number for him because there is another Ronald McDonald in town.

Maybe they were named before the McDonalds food chain created the Ronald McDonald character?

Are we off-topic yet?
To keep off of the subject a lot of people did not know Willard Scott was the 1st Ronald McDonald.

Back