99 s7

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaximum

Reaction score
L1020320.jpg

kerker 4-1, main=150, paj2 190, needle is 3 .5 or 4.5 from the blunt end.. shit i cant remember! ill pull 1 tommorow to see.

Dude
what ever your needle is need to be leaned out just like I thought. You are WAY rich in the mid range. Leaving a few ponies on the table.
Try 2nd clip or 2.5. You are way off the graph. Not sure this is normal for stage seven or not. Havent tuned one of them before.
Next time you go have him graph the torque to. I am curious to see what is going on. your a/f is wavy towards the end.
Make sure you ask when is the last time the calibrated their probe

ya it's a little rich eh, thought stage 7 run around 122 hp when tuned up

kerker 4-1, main=150, paj2 190, needle is 3 .5 or 4.5 from the blunt end.. shit i cant remember! ill pull 1 tommorow to see.
wow 4.5 might explain richness. had mine at 3 from top(or blunt) and moved it to two per seans recommendations. haven't run it yet but it was for sure rich.

thats pretty typical of vmax's to want to dip right there eh? every run i had wanted to. i think i need stage 1 needles but i believe sean has said you can run a larger paj2 as well (177.5) to help with that.

nah man. gotta get the a/f meter up and running first ya know! Got a gift cert for a free dyno service so we'll see what that entails as well.

sweet that should be fun.
whats up with chg the needles to stage 1's? your too rich with the 7's?

i think so, with vboost on all the time. my midrange dips like crazy and i feel like its rich at mid-high throttle.

never looked at a stage 1 needle, guess its smack in the middle of a stock and stage 7 but with clip positions? how much of a taper is on it? thickest/thinnest?

my stage 7's i ran a 165 main , ran alittl erich on the bottom , lean on top busted 130 rwhp with PCW stage 2 cams

its a bit thinner than a stock but not by much. theres a pic in the carb sticky section. yea the key is a stock needle causes me to go rich at cruise, even shimmed, so i need something adjustable.

Dude
what ever your needle is need to be leaned out just like I thought. You are WAY rich in the mid range. Leaving a few ponies on the table.
Try 2nd clip or 2.5. You are way off the graph. Not sure this is normal for stage seven or not. Havent tuned one of them before.
Next time you go have him graph the torque to. I am curious to see what is going on. your a/f is wavy towards the end.
Make sure you ask when is the last time the calibrated their probe
Can you help explain this to me of how to read the chart? What is a good reading?

Can you help explain this to me of how to read the chart? What is a good reading?

basically you want the light red line to follow the dotted red line. under it is rich, over it is lean.

basically you want the light red line to follow the dotted red line. under it is rich, over it is lean.

Agreed! 117 isn't bad and is right around the average for your mods.

Don't get too wrapped up in the dyno numbers. What matters is how it runs.

Mine with stock needles ran 124hp with Seans kit. It may run 112 on your dyno... Dyno's are really good because they give you a A/F ratio to look at. Get that tuned in and you're golden as long as it runs OK on the street. Remember that driving it on the street will change some of those numbers slightly.

Chris

WITH THIS BEING MY LAST DYNO, I HAVE MESSED WITH NOTHING BECIDES MY NEEDLES. SETTING MY FLOAT LEVELS MAKE ME MORE RICH ACCORDING TO (http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/cv_carb_tuning.htm).
7500 - RED LINE IM ON MARK ACCORDING TO DYNO SO I DONT THINK I WANT TO CHANGE MAIN TO 147.5'S CORRECT?
IM GETTING NO THROTTLE RESPONSE AND I HAVE TO REALLY FEATHER MY THROTTLE AT LIGHTS SO I MAKE SURE SHE IS THERE BEFORE I RELEASE THE CLUTCH. EXHAUST SMELLS REALLY RICH AT IDLE.

ONE FLOAT IS AT 3/8 AND ONE ALMOST 5/8 AS PICTURE...
L1020429.jpg

L1020428.jpg

See attached picture. The lighter line is showing his AF mixture.

Attachments

• howtoreaddyno.jpg
    howtoreaddyno.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
Back