A Bit Of Advice?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Hey guys im young and most of you guys are older and wiser so i ask for your help here.

About 3 months ago i was staying at a holiday inn hotel up in northen illinois while working. I had a laptop with me that i left out on the table. The cord was put up everything was tidy the laptop was in a place that theres no way possible to trip over it or drop it off the table unless you physically picked it up when i left. When i got back from work my do not disturb sign was on my door when i purposely made sure it wasnt on the door before i left because i wanted them to change my sheets and stuff. I walked in my room and my room had not been cleaned but i had new soap and shampoo in the bathroom. Then i noticed the laptop laying on the floor so i pickd it up and it had been dropped. The casing was cracked all over it, the screen hinge was busted and it was turned on but wouldnt do anything. I got the thing to work but i noticed the screen wasnt lighting up, if u looked really close you could see what you were doing but it was so dim that you could never use it like that.

Anyways, i took it up to the hotel manager some young pretty boy named Amar Patel. He come down to the room and i showed him how i found it and told him about the sign on the door etc.

I hate blaming others but in this case theres no doubt in my mind housekeeping dropped it playing with it and then put the sign on the door to act like they had not been in there.

The problem is noone would admit it, theres no cameras, and its my story vs theres.

The manager FINALLY agreed to either buy me a new laptop or get my old one fixed.

I left the laptop with him so he could send it out to get it fixed and then ship it back to me. Ive called and checked on it repeatedly since this happened. Its near impossible to talk to this guy and once you finally play enough mind games with these people you can trick his ass into getting on the phone.

He tells me he sent it off to some guy and they are trying to get parts for it and hell call me back in a few days. Ive had this same story the whole time now and he never calls. He says hes not avoiding me but he dosnt call you back when you leave voicemails or messages with the staff.

Problem is i have nothing on paper now. To those of you kind people that actulally read more than one sentence of this before mashing your back button;

What would YOU do in MY situation?

I anticipate and appreciate it guys. Thanks!!

Last edited:
having nothing in writing is working against you, at least have the date and receipt from your stay in the holiday inn, call the general manager of the hotel and tell him your story and that no one returns your calls
in other words make a big stink about it to someone higher than this guy
and let him know that you use this laptop for work and need it even if not fixed, have it fixed yourself and send them the bill.
also check Holiday web site and file a complaint .
I wouldn't have left the laptop with them in the first place but that is too late now.
also find the receipt of the laptop with its price and model to provide a copy of to them.
this is all I can think of now.

About 3 months ago i was staying at a holiday inn hotel up in northen illinois while working. I had a laptop with me that i left out on the table. The cord was put up everything was tidy the laptop was in a place that theres no way possible to trip over it or drop it off the table unless you physically picked it up when i left. When i got back from work my do not disturb sign was on my door when i purposely made sure it wasnt on the door before i left because i wanted them to change my sheets and stuff. I walked in my room and my room had not been cleaned but i had new soap and shampoo in the bathroom. Then i noticed the laptop laying on the floor so i pickd it up and it had been dropped. The casing was cracked all over it, the screen hinge was busted and it was turned on but wouldnt do anything. I got the thing to work but i noticed the screen wasnt lighting up, if u looked really close you could see what you were doing but it was so dim that you could never use it like that.

Anyways, i took it up to the hotel manager some young pretty boy named Amar Patel. He come down to the room and i showed him how i found it and told him about the sign on the door etc.

I hate blaming others but in this case theres no doubt in my mind housekeeping dropped it playing with it and then put the sign on the door to act like they had not been in there.

The problem is noone would admit it, theres no cameras, and its my story vs theres.

The manager FINALLY agreed to either buy me a new laptop or get my old one fixed.

I left the laptop with him so he could send it out to get it fixed and then ship it back to me. Ive called and checked on it repeatedly since this happened. Its near impossible to talk to this guy and once you finally play enough mind games with these people you can trick his ass into getting on the phone.

He tells me he sent it off to some guy and they are trying to get parts for it and hell call me back in a few days. Ive had this same story the whole time now and he never calls. He says hes not avoiding me but he dosnt call you back when you leave voicemails or messages with the staff.

Problem is i have nothing on paper now. To those of you kind people that actulally read more than one sentence of this before mashing your back button;

What would YOU do in MY situation?

I anticipate and appreciate it guys. Thanks!![/quote]
________
Mercedes-Benz W107 350SL specifications

Last edited:
Nothing scares a business more than a legal letter from a lawyer. I've found lawyers that will write an "official" sounding letter of an impending lawsuit unless they reply to the complainent (you) for $30-40 bucks. This is easy money for them if you prepare all the letter details for them and it isn't too long. They then toss it to their secretary to print it out on their letterhead. The letter has to make it clear though, that they conact you, not the lawyer, as you've already used up your $40 of the lawyer's time. LOL. Give it a try, it has worked for me in the past.

Both great examples of how to deal with this issue. I actually remember you having a thread about this when it happened.

I would definitly try going up the management chain first but would only give them 48 hours to get a call back. If you get nothing, certainly try Busters suggestion.

I don't care what rat-hole repiar shop they might have taken it to, no way in hell it takes 3 months to get parts. 1 week tops and thats with having to win an e-bay auction and possibly waiting on shipping.

However, the lack of paperwork will certainly hurt you a bit. Going forward, always get a recipt of some sort anytime you hand over property for anything.

You may be able to get this resolved, you may not. Either way, it's a lesson learned.

GL in things going in the direction you want.

Back