A enjoyable sunday ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I spent most of the day with a new group of guys that while I know all of them but have never ridden with all of them. Typically it is just my brother on his FZ when we ride. We had a mixture of bikes, 600CBR, FZ1, XS1100, Star Silverado bagger, Hayabusa and of course my Vmax.
We rode about 200 miles all together, took a few breaks so the XS and Silverado could catch up. Good group of guys who checked out each other bikes at each stop, ribbed each other all day, and generally agreed we would put together another run soon.
After the first stop I was elected to lead this group because my brother said if he did he would get us into trouble. All of the roads were 55 mph but we ran about 75 - 80 through most of day. We only saw one cop all day, and of course we were doing about 80 at the time. The State trooper must have not had his radar on because he went right by the Vmax, FZ, CBR and Busa. The guy on the Silverado, who was a ways behind us trying to keep up, thought he was had when the State trooper pulled over to the side and turned around right behind him. He immediatly pulled over, got off the bike and when the trooper pulled up next to him to ask him if everything was ok, he just stammered "Yes Sir!". The trooper must of had a call because he took off like a bat out of hell. LOL!
All in all it was a good group, good weather and some wide open roads to play on. I found out the Hayabusa is very damn fast, my brother's FZ1 with his new holeshot exhaust is very fast, the 600CBR is faster than me once we got going, the XS1100 is pretty quick with a light guy on it, and the Silverado is a nice looking chrome hauler.

I stopped to see my buddy who owns the Silverado and he said he will look around for a used Vmax. I think the guy on the XS is looking too, the rest are just too geeked up over their sportbikes.:confused2:
So if anybody in Michigan knows of a Vmax for sale, let me know.

I stopped to see my buddy who owns the Silverado and he said he will look around for a used Vmax. I think the guy on the XS is looking too, the rest are just too geeked up over their sportbikes.:confused2:

I've owned the 80g standard and 79sf special models of XS11. Great bikes. Highly durable. Easy to work on. When properly tuned they have a great mid range punch. They too are low geared. Many have bolted on the XS750 final drive to lower the gear ratio all around. The XS11 is a great bike for interstate use.

Mine could be for sale for the right price.....

Yes the CBR was faster. He weighs around 50 lbs less than me, and the bike it self only weighs a little over 400 lbs. He also said that it had 114 RWHP....I would get him out of the hole for sure but after 2nd gear he could drive by me.
I really don't know how to launch a Vmax properly, if I did I might be able to hold him off another gear :confused2:. I can pull my brother on his FZ1 in the first 2 gears but we're both still learning how to launch. I don't think any of us riding that day have any real motorcycle drag racing experiance so all in all it was kinda equal.

I raced a CBR...my daughter's basketball coach. I got him off the bottom, but we had to shut it down thanks to traffic before he got a chance to kick my ass. But, he was coming on and I knew it was inevitable. It was a roll on start.

The thing that pissed me off about the CBR was later on in that first ride with him. We were both doing 75+ mph on the expressway, me holding on for dear life getting buffeted by gusty winds and traffic blast - and him with his left hand casually resting on his hip and no movement of his bike whatsoever. If I weren't so frickin' old, I'd probably be hunched over on a 'Busa right now.

Oh, now that I bought the B-King, he's suddenly decided he's getting a Gixxer 1000. Bastage. Probably going to be the same story again, I'll get him off the bottom then watch him walk away. Maybe I can just impress him with dyno numbers.

Maybe I am lucky, but I can take my one hand off my handlebar at around 100 mph. Or just crazy!
I think I was more comfortable than the CBR on the ride even though I sit more upright, he had problems with his hand falling asleep. He also said he could never sit up at over 120 mph where I sit up all the time.:confused2:

buying the fastest bike or one of the fasted bikes on the planet is easy to do.. anyone can do it .. its no big deal .......buying a bike thats puts a smile on your face years and years at a time is another story..... i pulled a few 600 on the highway must of been older model...because i had no problem with them

buying the fastest bike or one of the fasted bikes on the planet is easy to do.. anyone can do it .. its no big deal .......buying a bike thats puts a smile on your face years and years at a time is another story..... i pulled a few 600 on the highway must of been older model...because i had no problem with them
You must have one amazing Max. With virtually identical hp, the 600RR weighs about 200 lbs less than your VMax.

You must have one amazing Max. With virtually identical hp, the 600RR weighs about 200 lbs less than your VMax.
:rofl_200: WELL AFTER ALL IT IS ALL STOCK...PUTTING ALL 80 TQ down hard and early.......for a small pond the fishing is great around here

:rofl_200: WELL AFTER ALL IT IS ALL STOCK...PUTTING ALL 80 TQ down hard and early.......for a small pond the fishing is great around here

Reminds me of a John Wayne movie (can't remember which one). He tell someone that sometimes you don't have to be fast, you just have to be willing. I guess that's you. :wave bye:

You'll get him early, but when that RR gets to 8k or so, well...tell him you thought you saw a cop ahead.

Reminds me of a John Wayne movie (can't remember which one). He tell someone that sometimes you don't have to be fast, you just have to be willing. I guess that's you. :wave bye:

You'll get him early, but when that RR gets to 8k or so, well...tell him you thought you saw a cop ahead.
no rule that says you have a race a certain distance :biglaugh:..

Latest posts

Back