A Tribute to the Gen1 on my Gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
On the Y?s Gear website, I noticed they sold a Gen2 passenger backrest with an embossed ?Vmax? on the back side fabric, which looked interesting. Got an idea that my 2010 Red Gen2 could use a little extra something on the back side too. The pic below shows the backside view of the stock Gen2 backrest which is just a black painted metal support with three stainless screws holding the padded backrest to it.
I?ve seen some Red Chrome emblems that others have done, and thought it would be cool to have one mounted on the back side of the backrest. Checked with Sean Morley and he was kind enough to send me a used Gen1 emblem. Thank You Sean! I then checked with ?Mr. Red Chrome? Rick Rash (if you have seen Rick?s transformed 09 Gen2, you?ll know what I mean) who suggested I contact a company called Coat of Chrome in Pa. , but they never returned my request for a quote. Thought I hit a dead end, but Rick was kind enough to sell me the two Gen1 ?Vmax? side emblems that he had done and no longer needed. He was right? they ?look as bright as a Christmas tree ornament!? Thanks Rick!

So with some 3M exterior two-side tape, 5 super strong mini-magnets, and blackened screws to hold the backrest pad, I can now proudly display a Red Chrome Gen1 ?Vmax? emblem that fits very nicely on the metal backrest support; see pics below. The magnets not only keep the emblem firmly in place with no movement whatsoever when riding, but allows the emblem to be popped-off quickly and placed into a pocket when needed.

That little extra red bling gives the bike a little more sparkle during the day when viewed from the back I think, and a nice reminder of the 06 Gen1 I rode for 5 yrs. Now, if I can just get some small LEDs to outline the emblem for at night?.

Attachments

• stock 10 rear.jpg
    stock 10 rear.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 82
  • mid shot rear.jpg
    mid shot rear.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 90
  • emblem  closeup.jpg
    emblem closeup.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 75
That's a very tastefull touch and tribute to your first Max!.........We were checking it out at Thunder, nice job!................Tom.

On the Y?s Gear website, I noticed they sold a Gen2 passenger backrest with an embossed ?Vmax? on the back side fabric, which looked interesting. Got an idea that my 2010 Red Gen2 could use a little extra something on the back side too. The pic below shows the backside view of the stock Gen2 backrest which is just a black painted metal support with three stainless screws holding the padded backrest to it.
I?ve seen some Red Chrome emblems that others have done, and thought it would be cool to have one mounted on the back side of the backrest. Checked with Sean Morley and he was kind enough to send me a used Gen1 emblem. Thank You Sean! I then checked with ?Mr. Red Chrome? Rick Rash (if you have seen Rick?s transformed 09 Gen2, you?ll know what I mean) who suggested I contact a company called Coat of Chrome in Pa. , but they never returned my request for a quote. Thought I hit a dead end, but Rick was kind enough to sell me the two Gen1 ?Vmax? side emblems that he had done and no longer needed. He was right? they ?look as bright as a Christmas tree ornament!? Thanks Rick!

So with some 3M exterior two-side tape, 5 super strong mini-magnets, and blackened screws to hold the backrest pad, I can now proudly display a Red Chrome Gen1 ?Vmax? emblem that fits very nicely on the metal backrest support; see pics below. The magnets not only keep the emblem firmly in place with no movement whatsoever when riding, but allows the emblem to be popped-off quickly and placed into a pocket when needed.

That little extra red bling gives the bike a little more sparkle during the day when viewed from the back I think, and a nice reminder of the 06 Gen1 I rode for 5 yrs. Now, if I can just get some small LEDs to outline the emblem for at night?.

The red 2010 GenII was always my favourite but looking like this it`s even more!

my tribute to the gen I on my gen II is its bald rear tire:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Jeff I saw that in person at thunder,looked great I wish I had one:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Looks cool Jeff. Can you get different colors?

Lee,
Yup ! Check out their website here => http://coatofchrome.com/home.php

This is what they say:
"We can color the chrome finish in many different standard and custom blended colors and even duplicate polished gold, copper, bronze and brass finishes. Multi-colored chrome fades are available as well. Coat of Chrome provides unmatched expertise at chrome coating any and all motorcycle accessories. We have re-finished all types of covers, cowlings, wind screens, handlebar controls, wheels, helmets, gas tanks and custom accessories. If you want your motorcycle to stand out and not only shine but look really unique then go to the page and let us know what you want done. If you can imagine it we can chrome it and we can chrome your motorcycle parts in a rainbow of colors. The only limits are your imagination and resources "

I'm told the black chrome is just AWSOME !!

Back