A truly good friend!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
D'MAN999 (Dennis) stopped over to my house a couple nights ago bearing gifts - besides the 6 pack of beer he thoughtfully brought - . He brought a somewhat beat up, but usable stock exhaust for the '85. I've got a ton of dents on my pipes, and this set is just the ticket for a project I may try...

He also brought a set of polished scoops, and gave them to me. There is a small crack by the lop of the right scoop, but a little thought and I came up with a cool fix. Got a couple small like 1.5 x 2.0 inches US Flag patches. A couple drops of epoxy, and they covered the patch perfectly - the other one went on the other undamaged scoop for uniformity. A bit of clear nail polish to waterproof the patches, and they look cool. I then got some red paint and a small brush, and filled in the indented "YAMAHA" lettering on the scoops...

You don't notice how tired something can look till you see it replaced with something that looks new. This took 50,000 miles off the appearance of the bike, along with the flat black Plasti-Dip job I did on the engine last week, which is still holding up fine after a couple hundred miles...

Thanks, Dennis - you are a truly good friend, and a great addition to the motley crew that hangs around Colden Lakes! Kathy loves you......:punk:

It was my Pleasure !!!!!
I was holding on to those scoops for sentimental reasons but I'm thrilled that they are actually being used now and appreciated !!!!!
I'll take some pictures later today, that I can post up, of your "New to you" scoops on Godzilla !

PS
Kathy's a Great lady and you are a Very Lucky man !!!

That's awesome how y'all help one another like this. I think the new old commercial should say, "You meet the nicest people on a V-max!"

Well, you don't really MEET them on a Vmax...
Perhaps it would say, "you catch up with the nicest people when they get off their Vmax!":rofl_200:

Here's a few pictures from yesterday of both our VMaxes and Kathy's Scooter.
And one with the singer from the Band on mine. :D

Attachments

• DSCF4751.jpg
    DSCF4751.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF4752.jpg
    DSCF4752.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF4754.jpg
    DSCF4754.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF4756.jpg
    DSCF4756.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 33
Nice pics Dennis. Do they have a sunday "cruise" day, or are you just hanging out there.

They do it every week. 2:00 till 6. Party Squad next week! Lets make it 3 VMaxes!!!

Every guy in the place fell in love with Anje - and she winds up on a VMax! "We don't need no steenkin' Harleys"!

A better shot of the polished scoops Dennis gave me, with a look at the blacked out engine, coated with spray Plasti-Dip. Still holding on well after a couple hundred miles.

Attachments

• 0525131606.jpg
    0525131606.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 20
Back