about time - should be illegal in every state.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stock-vector-hell-ya-53031685.jpg

When I see people texting while driving I get their attention and give them the "I'm watching you" hand gesture. They put their phones down usually. I wish it were illegal everywhere

I think the sentence was light! This stupid beard alone should get him another 6 months. What the hell! He killed a father of 3!!!

I am not a fan of all the laws that come out of California BUT I am a firm supporter of their cellular phone use laws and hope to see them implemented here in Texas SOON!!!

We looked for 4 months for a honda civic 4 door 5 speed for my son. Finally found one, and 2 months after buying it, he was hit from behind by a girl who was texting. Car was totaled, but no one was hurt. Insurance companies SUCK, we have been waiting a month for all of the red tape to be done. Now I can't find another replacement civic for him. It was a nice car, and she caved the ass of it in because she was more interested in her phone than paying attention to driving. Dumb bitch. BAN TEXTING!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned, it should be 'ban all use of mobile phones while driving' unless you have a full hands-free system. Even dialing or answering a call can divert attention long enough to cause a crash and kill someone..

That's pretty much the way the law is all over Europe, and in Australia also.

I'm glad he got what he had coming to him, for what he did. I also gesture to people texting, while riding. I'm glad Massachusetts passed the law. The law should be in every state. Iit should be illegall to have a cell phone in your hand while driving. The distraction is almost like drinking. Full attention isn't there. Too bad a life was lost.
Steve

Last edited:
Personally, if I see someone on the phone, putting on make-up (happened this morning actually- I rolled my window down and said Lady WTF are you doing - she just smiled as if it was nothing and continued on) or reading a newspaper or doing whatever else other then driving I tend to keep them in front of me as much as possible.

...The distraction is almost like drinking...
Steve
I agree with naughtyG, mobile devices should be crippled inside a moving vehicle, however, I just want to say that numerous studies have shown that texting is WORSE THAN, not almost like, drinking--even with conservative findings.

Averaging the numbers from the studies I googled on the subject present DWT increasing reaction times by 25% compared to a control, whereas DUI-ing with a 0.08% BAL increasing by 12%. Granted I am smoothing out biases factored into the absolute percertanges, but the relationship remains constant--a 90- 100% augmentation. I read a study that went so far as to conclude driving while eating is even worse than DWT--a whopping 37%.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

They just recently passed a nation wide ban for all CDL drivers. I think its a $3,000 fine if caught? Any other CDL drivers on here know ? Pretty sure I'm right.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

They just recently passed a nation wide ban for all CDL drivers. I think its a $3,000 fine if caught? Any other CDL drivers on here know ? Pretty sure I'm right.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
My dad is a CDL driver, yes you are correct. The thing is though they should pass it for all non-cdl drivers first, there's way more of them.

I see truckers all the time on their phones. Even worse, I see the cops around here with them glued to their heads while driving their cruisers....scary. Friend of mine told me a few weeks ago he was sitting at a traffic light with a cop (on his phone) next to him in the turn lane. A semi ran the obviously red light, and just barley missed a car in the intersection. Cop did nothing....turned and drove away. WTF?

I seen someone texting on their phone the one day. I was In the slow lane, when the left came to a sudden halt, guess who did not stop. I told the person that hit them was on their phone texting and I did wait to tell the cops. It is a shame they only got a small ticket for texting while drive but the officer also handed the texter other tickets to go with than. Speeding, following too close, not paying attention while driving, driving impaired, driving while texting and of course the texter was at fault. Best part of it all I got to tow the texter's car off and they had to ride with me lol. I charged them 150.00 for the tow.

I don't see why a device can't be linked to the vehicle for example....If you hold a valid cell phone account, you should have to plug in a device (USB cable et.c) from phone to vehicle to even start it ! Kinda like the drunks that have to blow into the breathalizer every 15 minutes to keep the car running. With this, the phone would be absolutely inoperable at any speed but STOPPED. People are freakin dumb as it is let alone texting ! I propose the electric chair for this offense ! Or death by firing squad :biglaugh:

Even being illegal here about every other cager on the highway is talking or texting on a cell phone. Being "illegal" doesn't stop people at all here. To me the people that are weaving in their lane on the freeways while texting are as dangerous as drunk drivers.JMO
Mike

Last yr. i was in front of a girl driving a jeep laredo and texting. I kept an eye on her to make sure she was not going to rear end me at the next set of lights. The two lanes split into 4, and she was passing me on the left. the problem was, i had a green light, hers was red, and she nailed a car stopped at the light. I even had parts of the jeep hit my truck. Stupid chick

Latest posts

Back