Acceleration problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schroom

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 94 max and had the motor rebuilt and after I put the bike back together I had a problem with the bike at open throttle. It would sputter like it was miss firing and would get sluggish like barely accelerating. It would start at 4000 and it would get up and go at about 6000. I started with fuel so I cleaned and synced the carbs and replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter. Then maybe air flow so I cleaned my air filters and made sure there was no manifold obstructions. So the only thing left for me was electrical I replaced the plugs and found a Youtube vid that described my exact symptoms and suggested the coils, but they all seem to be with in spec. I also Checked the timing and it was fine too. Its not the v boost also be cause who ever had this bike before me took it out so I've never had the pleasure.

It never did it before I had the bike rebuilt I am utterly baffled please help.

Check everything else first but sounds like the cams are installed wrong on the front bank (I just went through this) pull the plug in the stator cover so you can see the timing marks on the flywheel, rotate the engine to tdc comp stroke on number 2 cyl and then check number 1 cyl to make sure the valves are open, if they are closed then the cams are installed wrong. Go to PCW's website and he has a write up on changing valve springs and that'll tell you the correct way to install them. I was going insane this year when I reassembled mine and had the same issues your talking about and finally figured out what I did wrong after calling PCW...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Intake valves on number 1 should be open, sorry forgot to mention that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back