Adding Needed Storage / Carrying Capacity.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for years. I didn't like the idea of Saddlebags with the upswept exhaust. That's even worse now that I've installed Marks 4-2 Exhaust. I had a single compartment bag that strapped to the sissy bar but it was a pain in the back for my wife having a buckle in the middle of her back.

Yesterday, I remembered a heavy black backpack that my sister gave me when I bought her laptop computer. It's got zippers and compartments everywhere. With a little thought I installed it and didn't have to make it a permanent installation. It'll be a royal pain if I want it on and off a lot but I think it's gonna stay on most of the time. Just come off for cleaning the backpack itself.

I put a hardwood floor in the bottom of the bag to keep the bottom of the bag rigid and off my graphics on the rear fender (Pic 1 and 2). All of the straps were eventually wound around themselves for a clean out of the way look. The padded shoulder straps of the backpack being run across the face of the sissy bar pad actually added to the comfort according to my wife ( Pic 3 ). Picture 4 shows the tons of zippers and pockets.

Wife and I are planning a day trip while my 95 YO Mother stays 3 days at the assisted living facility. It's break time for us. We want to take a lunch for a picnic and some other gear. Now for the first time we can carry it all and be in comfort too. Big Bend Power Plant and Manatee Show's on our way out.....

Attachments

• 1 Bag Base Support.jpg
    1 Bag Base Support.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 2 Bag Support Space.jpg
    2 Bag Support Space.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 3 Bag Strapped.jpg
    3 Bag Strapped.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 4 Sissy Bar Bag.jpg
    4 Sissy Bar Bag.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 72
Looks like it will work perfect. Glad to hear you and the wife are getting a day to enjoy yourselfs and the Vmax, I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!

Thanx for wishing us a good time. We Love my Mom but 24/7 with her on her own planet and schedule is tough. We're almost to the start of our third year doing this. Mary Sleeps on a Futon in the living room just in case my Mom gets up in the middle of the night thinking it's time for breakfast, thinks she's missed an appointment or Falls down... Kinda like having a child that never leaves for school or to play with friends.:ummm: And, doesn't know who you are much of the time...

Two sides to every coin, my mother was 40 years old when I was born and I lost her when I was 32. I wish I would have had more time, it will be 12 years tomorrow she has been gone. I know it must be hard sometimes but you are truly blessed...

Yes, I agree. We are blessed. My Mom asked me for a ride on the VMax the other day. Wish my Dad could have stayed around longer too. He would have loved the work I do.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

That's a good idea! I've got to come up with something like that for mine since my wife likes to ride too. My 89 year old father-in-law also lives with us and has for about 4 years now.As much as you love'em you have to take time for yourselves sometimes so I can relate. Kudos to anyone stepping up and taking care of aging parents.Only hope our kids do the same for us. Mike

Our Son lives in Fairbanks. I'm not so sure I want to live long enough to move there. It's a little too cold most of the time and a very short riding season.:rofl_200:

Thanx for wishing us a good time. We Love my Mom but 24/7 with her on her own planet and schedule is tough. We're almost to the start of our third year doing this. Mary Sleeps on a Futon in the living room just in case my Mom gets up in the middle of the night thinking it's time for breakfast, thinks she's missed an appointment or Falls down... Kinda like having a child that never leaves for school or to play with friends.:ummm: And, doesn't know who you are much of the time...

Got the t-shirt you and your family are wearing. Geriatric Dr. advised us to seek outside care as it would only get worse. 24-7 care for the aged is impossible as you have to sleep sometime and work probably. If they decide to cook something on the stove , it could cook the house. Took care of my mother for about 5 years in our home and it took its toll on all of us. Seek some council. We're not trained or capable of being successful at this , long term.

Spec, good on you for taking care of your mom like you are.

And, wow. I hadn't seen pics of your bike before. I checked out your albums. Very cool.

Back