Admittedly Stupid Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DianCecht

Reaction score
I bought the OEM engine guards/highway pegs from Nobody on this forum. They arrived today, and when I went to install them, I realized that on the right hand side of the bike, the stock bolt wasn't going to cut it. I e-mailed him, he said that I use the stock bolts, and the head of the bolt he used to hold the highway peg in place would clear the frame.

But, when the bolt is tightened, it is essentially flush with the frame on the right hand side. On the left hand side, the engine mount is different, so it bolts right up, and clears the frame with no difficulty. Am I missing something here? Is it possible that our bikes are set up differently?

I am riding a 2005 Anniversary Max, if it makes a difference. I'm thinking I can get a steel spacer and mount everything using a new bolt, but I'm wondering what the correct way to mount this thing would be... Any info is appreciated, thank you.

The right side calls for a spacer and I believe it and a longer bolt are included in the mounting hardware when you buy a new one.

I can measure the spacer length on mine if you want...just PM me and I'll check it in the morning.

Also, I would get a hardened bolt for the longer replacement one.

danny

Back