Advice on a new exhaust needed ufo????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I'll say it again.
Those are definitely some Mean Sounding pipes, KJ !

Why, thank you sir! :)

KJ , are they hooked up to a Kerker 4-1 ? If so , does the inlet match the Kerker outlet ?

Yes, their hooked up to a Kerker.
Nope it didn't match up. I picked up an adapter then some good folks at Fairbanks Radiator and Muffler, tweaked the size to make it all work.

p1030517iv.jpg

rightsidew.jpg

I forget, do you have a season on them yet?

Going on season number 2 with them, I put them on Jan 1212.

They're actually quite deceiving. They aren't obnoxiously loud (until you twist the loud lever) and have a nice low to mid rumble. No ear splitting cracking like one would think. Tugla was in my town last year, and he too was surprised how civil they are.

How is the sound level of the UFO System at cruising speeds? I was told you almost need ear plugs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How is the sound level of the UFO System at cruising speeds? I was told you almost need ear plugs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You 'almost need ear plugs' if you 'almost want to preserve your hearing!':biglaugh:

I have the UFO 4/1 Dragstar w/the stubby, 'balogna-cut' "muffler," which is much-higher on style points than it is on "muffling!" I have the Dynojet Stage 7 w/pods, and yes, it is a great system in-total when properly-set-up.

Yes, you should use earplugs w/it, unless you don't mind the cumulative effect of noise exposure. I replaced my 'balogna-cut' "muffler," w/a UFO megaphone, which is also loud, but not as-loud as the other. The quality and workmanship are first-rate. I also have a Kerker 4/1 I am not now using because I don't want to lose my centerstand tangs, and have contacted Mark's about another 4/1 he offers.

If you get the UFO, get the megaphone to-start and I think you will be glad you got it instead of the 'balogna-cut' "muffler." If you live in a gated community where they have all-kinds of rules, then this exhaust is sure to piss-off your neighbors!:confused2:

One south Florida problem I can see w/KJ's IXIL mufflers is that the 'funnel-effect' of the exhaust would collect rainwater here in a sub-tropic environment w/60+ inches of rain a year if you left your bike outside. you would ALWAYS have to cover the outlets! And your neighbors will be pleased w/the "howitzer-effect" if you start it w/o removing them first!:rofl_200:

Your fellow riders may need the ear plugs too! All kidding aside these loud exhausts should be paired with ear plugs, my Mark's is loud and I should wear my ear plugs but I get lazy sometimes so if my ride ends up at a distant gas station my ears will be ringing, I have been listening to music more often on rides so my tight fitting earphones serve as my sound buffer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

Alberta?!, he's talking about a Vmax snowmobile as they don't ride motorcycles that far north!

See what I did to reduce the bark of the UFO 4/1, posted in another 'Exhaust' thread w/'UFO' in the title.

Latest posts

Back