Advice on my paint job...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of building my vmax and monday we are starting the paint. Planning on doing red race stripes from front to rear render with realistic flames in the middle of the faux tank engulfing this image. Colors will be red , black and Chrome to go along with the 06 vmax. Before I send this stencil to the painter can you guys think of any way to improve on it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330150070659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330150070659.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 110
Love it! I think the stripes and this should work well.

I don't like the tuning fork emblem, but that's personal taste.

Idk if it's the tuning fork itself or the fact that it seems "tacked on" it is way darker than the rest of the shading of everything else and it is at an angle that makes it seem like it's on a different plain than the skull itself. Overall I like it though.

Idk if it's the tuning fork itself or the fact that it seems "tacked on" it is way darker than the rest of the shading of everything else and it is at an angle that makes it seem like it's on a different plain than the skull itself. Overall I like it though.

What he said! ^

If the tuning forks where faded out or even just a ghost image only barely visible, I think it would be good.

+1 to what Blurr said. That's an awsome image. Please post pics when it's completed... bet it's going to look sharp :punk:

Good call on the emblem. Have to go back into the photochop and lighten up the forks a bit... Maybe adjust the angle of the " eye " as well .

How about putting Tuning Forks in Both Eyes ?
Obviusly the left Eye would only show a partial Fork.

Think I'm going to leave the forks in one eye... But ill try it in both see how it looks

Teeth look lame, not enough skull around forehead , area of lower jaw or his left corner of mouth should have more bone, not so much dark, perspective of the nose cavity looks off.

Good call on the emblem. Have to go back into the photochop and lighten up the forks a bit... Maybe adjust the angle of the " eye " as well .

I think once you do exactly this it will be good to go! :punk: Going to look good!

Ok, paint is done but waiting to post pictures of the entire bike when its done. But Here is a shot of the rear fender and mega scoops painted to match the 06 scheme. The skulls on the top of the skoops aren't visible unless under direct light, otherwise its a gloss black. Thoughts?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334281569471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334281569471.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334281671241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334281671241.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334281786339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334281786339.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 60
That looks freakin' awesome! Most excellent job! Can't wait to see the finished project.

The depth of the skulls is badass, especially the striping, totally gives it a 3D effect. I can't wait to see it all together. Who Painted that?? If it's not insanely expensive I'd be VERY interested in doing that depth style but a different theme and color ( I'd stay with my orange. Damn now I gotta Paint my bike again!!! So Yea, I guess you could say I like it!!!

Last edited:
Great skillz! Of course assuming your painting is better than your photography... (lol sorry couldn't resist)

But yea, awesome job, I wish I could paint like that!

assuming your painting is better than your photography...

:thumbup:

Yea I'm not much of a photographer. I had quite a bit done.

New seat w/ embroidery,
Forks/ calipers painted,
Tank and fenders painted ,
Clear clutch cover painted ,
Belly pan painted,
Sunpro tach painted ,
Scoops painted,
Radiator cover painted ,
And a few misc parts.
I'm into work around $2700 + I traded an 86 vmax with 2nd gear issue.

I'm still going to get the rear diff and my kerker painted but not for a couple more weeks

@ custom max yea, your orange and Chrome is pretty hot id stick with it.

Back