• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Aftermarket TCI 85-07 - Ignitech - New

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
Replacement Ignition Control module for 1985-2007 VMax's

$255 USD, includes priority shipping to USA address.

TCI will be configured for specific year of buyers bike through adapter cable & software setup.

Ignitech TCI features:

Timing advance can be programed based upon RPM's & vacuum.

TCI has a rev limiter that can be set in 100 RPM increments.

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP’s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits, selections are: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard settings.

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.
Timing advance is fully controllable based on RPM and vacuum.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Last pictureis of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do. Fuel pump relay output can be selected as one of the two power outputs.

V-Boost can be programmed into this unit without need for stock controller.

Two year warranty by manufacturer.

Screen shots of software attached.

First picture is of kit contents.

Included in kit:

Ignitech TCI

Adapter cable that allows TCI to be Plug & Play replacement for existing TCI

One bar MAP sensor, replaces one on bike, the stock unit has been known to have failed.

Replacement connector & pins for pick-up coils to main bike wiring harness, use of this is optional, but this is another known trouble spot with the TCI’s. Supplied connector is a six pin, and can be used on 1 or 4 pickup coil bikes.

High temperature Velco for mounting TCI & MAP Sensor. Alcohol pads for cleaning Velcro mount areas.

Dielectric grease for electrical connectors.

15 wire zip ties

Additional pins for Ignitech harness for use in adding optional features.

CD with software for customizing the Ignitech programming.

6 foot USB to TCI adapter cable, interfaces with windows based computer for customized programing. This is only needed if buyer wants to work with programming TCI when hooked up to a computer. $15 additional.

TCI will be programed for year & model of 1985-2007 VMax.

Installation procedure is to unhook the 6 pin & 8 pin from stock TCI, the supplied adapter cable connects to the 6 & 8 pin connectors on bike. The MAP sensor will be shipped hooked up to adapter cable. Supplied vacuum cable is connected to the existing vacuum damper, which is connected to #2 carb on left side of motor generally. Stock vacuum sensor can remain in place on bike, but is not used. TCI & MAP sensor are mounted using velcro to available location on bike.

Fully sealed unit, all electronics are epoxy encapsulated.

Package will be shipped USPS priority mail, insured & will require a signature upon receipt.

Priority USA shipping included in price. PM me for other locations.

I will help buyer with any questions that come up.

Attachments

• Ignitech kit s.jpg
    Ignitech kit s.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 135
  • General settings screen.jpg
    General settings screen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Rotor & pickup coils setting screen.jpg
    Rotor & pickup coils setting screen.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Advance Tab screen.jpg
    Advance Tab screen.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 78
  • Advance 3D screen.jpg
    Advance 3D screen.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Power out screen.jpg
    Power out screen.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 68
  • V-Boost scrren.jpg
    V-Boost scrren.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

I may be blind, but I cannot find a listed price!:ummm:

ALso, if you have a early ignition, can the owner do the switchover himself to the later model ignition w/its different # of pickups? Like when you sell a early model & buy a later model, and want to transfer the ignition module, or upgrade from one ignition style to the other?

ALso, if you have a early ignition, can the owner do the switchover himself to the later model ignition w/its different # of pickups? Like when you sell a early model & buy a later model, and want to transfer the ignition module, or upgrade from one ignition style to the other?

Added price of $260 to 2nd line.

Cut & pasted it from Venture site which has a more detailed purchase setup. Buy it now type thing linked to paypal. Forgot to add price over here.

Gary

This will be PROBABLY the next upgrade...lol...I do wonder about the horsepower increases??

Last edited:
This will be PROBABLY the next upgrade...lol...I do wonder about the horsepower increases??

Remember way back when, we would change the weights in a cars distributor & tweak the dwell and advance till it was just right ???

That is really the tip of the iceberg with this TCI.

Sean Morley has a couple of these if you are more comfortable working with him, though I don't know his price points.

Regardless of where you get one, even direct from Ignitech, I will assist you. I want to get the power out of the sucker, and getting them common here will lead to optimum settings with more people experimenting.

Also look at link below for V-Boost setup.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread....hlight=b-boost

Gary

One more question...I ordered a set of COPS, and I cant remember if they are gonna have the resistors made into them or not? Will that be an issue and do I need to ask Garret to not put the resistors in? BTW I will definately be picking this up by this summer.

Eric

The resistors are there for the circuit to mimic the current on stock TCI so the resistors is always good. Early models (pre 90) are known to have sensible TCIs and the excess current caused by the lower resistance COPS can cause them to burn.

Is this a one time thing or do you have a large availability on these? I am interested but dont have the coin right now to go for it. I am wanting to turbo my bike and will need to retard the igniton is that possible with this unit? Thanks in advance!!

Is this a one time thing or do you have a large availability on these? I am interested but dont have the coin right now to go for it. I am wanting to turbo my bike and will need to retard the igniton is that possible with this unit? Thanks in advance!!

I am out of stock now.

I may do another buy of them if I get enough interest.

Gary

OR, buy the turbo kit I have and I might throw one of these in on the deal!

Hello dingy,I am looking to buy an IGNITECH TCI for my 1989 VMX1200.Other than a jet kit w/Kerker 4 nto 1 exaust ,the engine is stock.COPs were installed recently but I would like to add this ignition upgrade as well.

Are you running these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this compare to dyna (the only once i have ever heard of)

Ive got both. This is what i posted on another thread.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=461218&postcount=36

Now, since then Ive seen the Ignitech on the now defunct UFO site for 400+, but with an add on harness, you can use the ignitech to control the Vboost as well, which I do. So, you can control the vboost to do anything that you want.

So, the older dynas, you had preset curves, the new dyna is similar to the ignitech in that you can set the curve for ANYTHING.

As quickly as the Vmax revs, I am a BIG fan of having a rev limiter on the vmax, which both units have.

Both units (Dyna with an LED, and Ignitech with a setting) will allow you to see if the pickup unit is working, which is very useful when trouble shooting.

Back