Allergies to Snow !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser1198

Reaction score
Damn has a kid I loved the snow even if I had to shovel thru it day and night ! I have noticed since I turned 50 some time ago I have an " allergic reaction" to the damn stuff , now we only got 6 " this time but I did see many other places hit hard with the white stuff 40 " plus , No Thanks , I think it is time to get away from Pa. and head down South to a slightly warmer climate . To all my Fellow Brothers & Sisters of the V-Max community who got hit by this Nor Easter please watch your selfs and do not try and shovel yourself to death . Take Care KC

Yes, by all means, please be careful those of you caught in the heavy snow or in any poor driving conditions. I don't miss the snow! We used to get drifts which let us walk-up onto the roof of the ranch-style home we lived-in, western NYS, where we got the 'lake-effect' snow from Lake Ontario. However-bad we got it, it seemed like Watertown would continually get it worse! The NYS Southern Tier and central PA apparently got it badly.

Living in northern Canada, I can say it has a pretty short biking season. I get about 7-8 months. About a 4.5 hour drive from here, that goes down to 2-3 months of dodging moose, bear, deer and the cool mornings. You do see some pretty hardcore bikers here. One acquaintance of mine rides his Street Glide all year. I have seen him driving on snow covered highways making his almost daily 45 drive into the city.

I grew up in NY and went to college at Oswego State (on lake Ontario), lake effect snow was something to behold. In college, it was fun but as soon as I had to commute to work snow lost all its appeal. Now that I'm in north GA I have no desire to head further north.

Doug

Snowed here in N.J Wednesday afternoon into the evening.

Heavy and wet, causing multiple power outages.

On another note, the snow provides a gift that keeps on giving.

The Liquid Brine that’s sprayed on every highway in the state.

Can turn your vehicle and motorcycle, into a pile of rust if not addressed properly.

After 15 years living in Massachusetts, my addresses have been Florida, Texas and Arizona.

There's a reason for that...

I could not deal with that shit ! This is as far North as this Southern boy is going ! I love it here actually have 4 seasons with none of them really bad in my opinion
And I was thinking that I couldn't deal with your summers. If the air conditioning fails, I end up in prison for murder. Lol

And I was thinking that I couldn't deal with your summers. If the air conditioning fails, I end up in prison for murder. Lol
If it wasn't for COVID, probably half of Quebec would be down-here in Dania Beach (Ft. Lauderdale metro area) for the winter. They ride Harleys and Gold Wings, and have dually pick-ups, to pull their fifth-wheel rigs.

If they came-down now, they probably wouldn't be able to get back-in when they tried to return for the cabins de sucre to open.

If it wasn't for COVID, probably half of Quebec would be down-here in Dania Beach (Ft. Lauderdale metro area) for the winter. They ride Harleys and Gold Wings, and have dually pick-ups, to pull their fifth-wheel rigs.

If they came-down now, they probably wouldn't be able to get back-in when they tried to return for the cabins de sucre to open.
Lol, that reminds me years ago in Pensacola, went for a swim late November in the Gulf. Some folks thought I was high.

Lol, that reminds me years ago in Pensacola, went for a swim late November in the Gulf. Some folks thought I was high.
The pool is 65 degrees F today, we don't heat it. It has to be > 80 degrees before I'll go in again. The Atlantic Ocean is supposed to be 81 degrees F today. That's warm-enough.

Back