Ammo can saddle bag

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohnopopo

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I have a couple extra ammo cans laying around and wanted to fab them up as a saddlebag. Wanted to get some input from anyone who's made their own bracket & saddle bag before. Thanks

I've seen this mod a few times but only on dualsport bikes. Would make for a very durable waterproof saddle bag that could easily be painted to match (if you want). I think you could adapt this for the Vmax.

http://m.imgur.com/a/MQthP

Functional for sure. The milk crate? It is sacrilegious. Careful with the Gen 1, it's one of the most glamorous on the road. I've caught many a HD rider eyeing my Vmax. Your ride though, do what pleases you. But, if you come see me with the milk crate, you're parking behind the shed where no one will see it.
Steve-o

They are very heavy but work great as saddlebags. I had some of the big .50cal crates as saddlebags on my kz1000 years back. Even put turn signals on the back. Was a pretty sweet look. Waterproof and will keep the bike off you should you happens to lay it down. Assuming you use a big enough ammo crate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan on either using MK19 or .50 cal cans. One of the guys in my unit does a lot of welding and was going to have him fab a mounting bracket together. Will be waterproof and def durable and will the fairly unique. I have seen a few other bikes online with them but haven't come across any vmaxs with them done and know if it's been done on a Vmax it would be on this forum somewhere.

Was thinking about possibly painting my bike similar to the softtail slim with the army green and white star. ( probably use plasti dip the first time just to see how it looks )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 29
When I saw the title to this thread, I thought of Pelican cases as they come in different colors and sizes. Not cheap, though. The ammo cans lend a certain post-apocalyptic look to the bike, especially if the bike's got one of those au courant flat paint jobs.

Back