Animal weirdness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I was cruising around yesterday going about 65-70 minding my own business along a nice sweeper when all of a sudden I see this little bird flying all around in circles. It came up real fast. I wasn't about to try and dodge the thing and wreck. I moved toward the edge of the road and luckily it didn't hit me in the face (open face helmet). It ended up skimming the top of my clutch lever and going straight into my fist for a high speed KO punch LOL.

Don't know what the hell kind of bird it was, about the size of a robin, maybe a touch smaller, and all I noticed was that it was green. I was surprised by the feeling. It hurt a little bit but not severely. A damn bug hurts like hell sometimes so I was expecting some big pain. Guess I got lucky :eusa_dance:

Then, and hr or 2 later I was driving the cage to meet up with the wife and on my ride I notice a horse. Looked like the horse escaped from the farm. It had a 10' piece of rope tied to it but the opposite end was just dragging on the ground. It was standing in someones asphalt driveway next to a fairly busy road. No one monitoring the thing. It was just munching on the grass growing up through the cracks in the asphalt.

Weird thing is that this was a pretty residential area and the road I was on gets alot of 40-50 mph traffic and the horse was just hangin in the driveway 10' off the road. There are farms somewhat nearby. I would guess 5 miles or so.

Strange day in the animal kingdom around my part of the world.

interesting. i once had a bird run right into my farrings on my yzf600 going about 45mph

good time to pu tthe bike away. hitting a horse at anything above 1 mph would end badly for everything involved.

Back