another COP's harness round?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
:ummm:I am tryng to find out who else might be interested in the COP's plug and play harnesses I have been making. If you are interested let me know at [email protected] I am looking at another round of resistors. I found another supplier that has them instock and will sell to me at the same price of my other supplier. I know many of you have shown interest in these, I just want to make sure that I have a few sets on hand.
Thanks Gannon

Pricing is $70 (for forum members) shipping $5 USA / $12 Canada , Mexico / $15 the rest of the world.
Gannon

What years does this apply for and what coils do you use?

The conversion harness applies to all years of the first generation Vmax, The coils that you need to purchase would be Denso coils. Suzuki , GSXR's and Busa's have the coils that are the proper Ohm's resistance for these harnesses. I cannot say personally that all Denso coils have the same Ohm's resistance. I have not been able to check anything other than GSXR and Busa coils. Now My bike I have the Busa coils, I like them better because they are short. They are 5" in length and just clear the valve covers. Now some Denso coils on the GSXR's are 5 1/2" long. They just barely fit , clearing the frame when installing them on the rear cylinders. Generally you should not have to purchase coils on Ebay for anymore than about $45-$50. If you have an idea the length that you might want, Feel free to ask questions to the seller. Most will respond with the total length of the coil.
Gannon

I didnt know bikes were running COP's, I thought you were using automotive coils.
Basically you guys are using coils with external triggers. Makes sense.

Does your harness include a resistor as well to mimic the stock coils primary resistance?

Does your harness include a resistor as well to mimic the stock coils primary resistance?

Yes they do come with a resistor built into them. You need to use a COP that is from 1.1 - 1.5 ohms They are set up mainly for Denso coils. I can build custom harnesses if you already have coils that are not in this range of resistance. However the price will jump because I will have to order the resistors, low qty price and shipping will add to the price. When buying only 4 resistors they will nail me on the resistor pricing

Gannon

In 1991 or something they say the bikes went to electronic ignition. How is that different than whats in pre 1991 bikes? I think the system in the pre 91 bikes is CDI. So whats in the new ones?

In 1991 or something they say the bikes went to electronic ignition. How is that different than whats in pre 1991 bikes? I think the system in the pre 91 bikes is CDI. So whats in the new ones?

The only thing I know about the ignitions is that there was a change. it went from 4 to 2 pick ups.. Sean would have more information on the ignition changes

Gannon

Back