Another Newb ?? Legit upgrade?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a 30 hp gain (probably more like 20), then get rid of the power robbing cobra's and get a full header and a good jet kit. Trust me that you will likely see that much gain (which is huge).

Sean

Up Seatown, slow down little friend. I know you are new and enthusiastic but don't buy into the "snake oil" and wonder parts offerred in cyber space. I feel Ebay is being polluted and destroyed by all the mass marketing sellers with forty bike covers, a hundred ads for the same mirrors, gas shocks the fit every bike ever made! You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true....
Do some homework. Go to the section in this site to read up on mods and products that work and are worth the time and money. Trust me, you aren't gonna find some miracle product before these guys that have been here for a while, especially for $21.95!!!

I am pickin' up what you're puttin' down brothers. I have heard that these Cobra slip-ons are a terrible exhaust. I'll concentrate on braking and suspension for now, and get to know this bike this winter. Maybe if we are real good friends, by springtime I'll look into a higher performing exhaust system for it. Thanks for the sound advice.

I have the CURE for the braking problem for your year. BUT, I am out of stock on the adapters at the moment.

Sean

I have the CURE for the braking problem for your year. BUT, I am out of stock on the adapters at the moment.

Sean
+1 With Sean's adapters, HH pads and SS lines the hayabusa calipers work awesomely!

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have been eyeballing your brake adapter kits, Sean. Think you'll have new brackets back in stock by the holidays? Do I want to start thinking about ordering the other components (calipers, lines, MC) that I'll be needing?

I need to do this as inexpensively as possible, but of course, you knew that... ;)

LOL, I am not 100% sure when they will be ready. I do hope by then. I have the parts on hand too but I would be higher then getting them yourself. BUT, You wouldn't have any problems with them and if you did you would not have any problems with me making it right either.

Sean

Latest posts

Back