Another PayPal E-Mail Scam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Just received an E-Mail from PayPol.com. Use extreme caution when opening E-Mail that looks official. It wants you to update your information or change passwords, ect. It's a SCAM. Don't fall Prey to Shit Like This..

Dave

Never give any info in response to an email. Do not click on any links in an email unless you are SURE it is legit. Go directly to the website to verify. Legit companies do not ask for personal info in an email. They always say go to their website for that kind of activity.

The other thing is that they (whatever legit place you use) already have all your info, but the criminals don't, so would you be so-kind as to provide it to them? "Use this link!" Be sure to send the phishing email to the legit place to let them know. Yours may be the 347th one they received in the last two weeks, but better they know.

I got an email asking me if I wanted to be a part of something special & a lifetime of entertainment. Said if I clicked on the link, it would take me to a treasure trove of information I wouldn't wanna do without ever again.

I clicked on it.

I ended up joining this forum. :ummm: I guess you guys will be paying the price for that scam many years to come. :rofl_200:

Just sh!ttin ya. But it never ceases to amaze me at how frickin many people in this world are oblivious to this crap. To me, it has always seemed like so easy common sense, NOT to do that, but if everyone had that kind of common sense, there'd be no market to send out all those neverending phishing emails, would there? If someone would/could track a bunch of these criminals down, and publicly execute them.........

I got that one too, Thanks Dave. I log in to Pay PAL when I want to know somwthing. I don't open or respond to these kind of e-mails. If you respond you'll get tons of junk from them. Even though I'd like to exchange a few choice words with them.
Steve-o

I always open another browser and look for a scam. Hasn't failed me yet. My main E-Mail has a report Spam link but other accounts don't. I would love to travel to these scampers and introduce them to one of my exotic weapons for the last time....:th_biggun:

Block all email addys unless on your list to recieve!! Mine is set up asking if I know the sender & can delete in as soon as I get it ( Gina set it up ). I NEVER open emails unless it's from a known sender or friend . Or make up a dummy email addy w/ no personal info .

Many companies have a spoof email address. Whenever I get a suspect email, I forward it to the appropriate spoof email address. The following are ones I have: Amazon, ATT, Bank of America, CitiBank, Craigslist, eBay and PayPal. There are many others but these are ones I use the most.

. But it never ceases to amaze me at how frickin many people in this world are oblivious to this crap. To me, it has always seemed like so easy common sense, NOT to do that, but if everyone had that kind of common sense, there'd be no market to send out all those neverending phishing emails, would there? If someone would/could track a bunch of these criminals down, and publicly execute them.........

Well said.

You'd also be surprised how many people don't know who their power company is. I work for one of three power companies in our area and we get calls all the time from people (during outages usually) swearing up and down they pay their power bill to us then get mad when we tell them no you don't :confused2:

Back