Any XP experts out there?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
I blew up my Macbook and have a older desk top right now. It an older dell running Windows XP. I have xfinty high speed internet and the PC is hard wired directly to the router/modem. This should be blindly fast, but is dial up slow. I have to believe there is something in the set up that I have to do. I simply plugged it in and was on line- I have set nothing on the PC

If you remember how to set up XP, and have any suggestions, please shout out.

I blew up my Macbook and have a older desk top right now. It an older dell running Windows XP. I have xfinty high speed internet and the PC is hard wired directly to the router/modem. This should be blindly fast, but is dial up slow. I have to believe there is something in the set up that I have to do. I simply plugged it in and was on line- I have set nothing on the PC

If you remember how to set up XP, and have any suggestions, please shout out.

I don't know about expert, but Firefox works better on my XP and Win 7 Machine than Explorer. Clear out the cashe and temp files, then give it another go.
Steve-o

close all start up programs. xp doesnt mutitask like the new ones.
start>run>msconfig>startup. uncheck all boxes. no more updates for xp either.

I'd call your ISP and ask them for the correct settings for your specific modem/router and XP.

Thanks for the responses, I gave up and got a new (cheap) laptop. It hooked up and runs wireless no problem and is very fast. I did upgrade to 8gb of ram, but its less then they want to fix the Mac.

Back