Anyone bought a private seller bike and had it shipped

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used motorcycle shippers but before sending any money I checked out seller first I asked where he got bike serviced . I called to check on that and they said he was a stand up guy. It took about a month to actually get the bike here you should seller note all scratches, dents anything that was there when bike left his hands then you check bike over before sighing .I know they move stuff around in those trucks when they make their way to you . As far as payment shippers does credit card and seller was wired bank to bank. You could check and see if anybody from here could check bike out for you too .. good luck

I used to buy Harleys from Ontario which is on the other side of the country. I bought them from a couple different dealerships, never did private sales....to risky. They would send me detailed pics and serial number off the bike so I could check it for leans & stolen bikes. Then I would emt them the cash. They would fax me the bill of sale. Then I would register the bike immediately in case it got stolen or damaged in shipping. Next...you have to find a dealer who is willing to "crate" the bike. It costs extra or can be included in the price of the bike. Some dealers built really crappy ones, and some had old factory Harley crates they used. $150 to $250 usually. Then I used "fast freight" ..they are Canada & U.S for delivery,..they were the cheapest. Some shippers require all the gas drained out & battery disconnected. Out of 5 bikes shipped, I only had had 1 that was not in the shape it was suppose to be in......but I got them so cheap it didn't matter. My neighbour just had a Harley shipped all the way from Texas to Canada. Cost $800 bucks. Hope some of this info helps.

What city is it in and where did you find the ad? Post a link link to the ad on here and if it has some good pictures I'm sure the guys on here could help you out some also.

Found a better one and got a good deal. I recommend Uship for anyone looking to ship. Its like an ebay of shippers that bid for your business.

Back