anyone here do custom decals?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone here could make a custom reproduction(or close) of my Z's tank decals. The stock ones are under the clear and look to be a one piece decal on a solid orange background. over the paint, under the clear.

To get those from kawasaki, they want $30 each. And since the color I'm going to paint it is going to be darker, the orange background will stick out more.

So could someone do the decal with no background, just cut letters? It'd be the Kawasaki word in black in one line, the "Z" in red, and 1000 in silver below it. I can send you a picture of what the stock one looks like.

Doing it in a different font could be cool also...like a pointy tribal font....if anyone here does this sort of work let me know.

Decalkits.com

What they don't have, they can make. Not that I'm shamelessly promoting the people who give me free stuff. :biglaugh:, but they do have lots in inventory and are quick at making and sending out their product. Nice quality of vinyl, in a variety of colors, too. :punk:

rearcammount.jpg

graphics1v.jpg

decalkits.jpg

IMO if your going to repaint, A little something personalized would be pretty cool. Instead of using the motorcycles original font, put a little RA in to it. :)

It should be pretty easy and on the cheap to get the Kawasaki done. Its just plain ol' Helvetica font. I think the z1000 part is too just stretched and pulled a little.

The "Kawasaki" is going to be HelveticaTurBold.ttf
The "Z1000" is going to be HelveticalExtNormal.ttf, but don't use zero's in 1000, Use the capital letter O.

This should get you pretty close to the factory lettering. Just have to make them a little more bold.

Here are the two fonts in Zip form.

Attachments

• Helvetica fonts.zip
    50 KB · Views: 1
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 6
DecalZone did some stuff for me a few years ago. I probably should have checked to see if they're still in business before I posted this, but give them a try.........

DLCrays from this forum does this stuff for a living. He can reproduce about anything provided he has pics to go by. I've no idea of his pricing, but I'd say it wouldn't be any less expensive that the site KJ has pointed out, but you'd be helping out a fellow Vmaxer that way.

I had him do a custom video game header panel one time, and it came out supreme. He also did the new VMOA logo with the gen I & gen II facing each other.

multipac_Pac white.jpg

vmoa logo final art.jpg
(That's my bike on the right)

Back