Anyone used these shocks yet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard alot of complaints about going that low in the rear.The price looks good though.

I bought them from python in the fall, only difference is i bought 12.5 inch. I was afraid to drop it any more than that since i'm 6'1". I also lowered my front 1.5 inches.

Compared to stock, they are better and worth the $200 in my opinion.
However they did not wow me. I heard the works are incredible but probably double the money too.
I guess you get what you pay for.
Hope that helps.

I am only 5'6" and 150#, so I need it lower. I added the racetech emulator kit last week and was lookin got make the rear lower/softer as well.
The price is ok to so that helps.
Anybody else have any opinions?

I am only 5'6" and 150#, so I need it lower. I added the racetech emulator kit last week and was lookin got make the rear lower/softer as well.
The price is ok to so that helps.
Anybody else have any opinions?

I realize this thead is aged but I thought I would include my opinion for the next person that is looking...

I bought into the 11.5 inch and also lowered the front end 2 inches with Race-Tech springs and emulators. By lowering the front down more than the back you get better fall into the corners... You probably won't want to lower it more than 2 however as the distance between the fender and the radiator is perfect at a 2 inch drop...:thumbs up:

The rear shocks are MUCH better than the stockers but I kind of wish I would have sprung for the 440's with I.A.S. technology. They were over double the price...:bang head:

See pic of my install. Oh I had the chrome stripped off of them and then powder coated them...:coolgleamA:

Attachments

• 100_2149.jpg
    100_2149.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_2152.jpg
    100_2152.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 31
We've used those shocks for years with no real complaints or problems. We've even ordered as low as 10.5" long.

Shawn, that's what Kevin had on his Vmax and he wasn't having too much problems at thunder keeping up even with the bike lowered as much as it was all around and extended out.

Sean

I realize this thead is aged but I thought I would include my opinion for the next person that is looking...

I bought into the 11.5 inch and also lowered the front end 2 inches with Race-Tech springs and emulators. By lowering the front down more than the back you get better fall into the corners... You probably won't want to lower it more than 2 however as the distance between the fender and the radiator is perfect at a 2 inch drop...:thumbs up:

The rear shocks are MUCH better than the stockers but I kind of wish I would have sprung for the 440's with I.A.S. technology. They were over double the price...:bang head:

See pic of my install. Oh I had the chrome stripped off of them and then powder coated them...:coolgleamA:

Beautiful bike, what rear wheel is that?

We've used those shocks for years with no real complaints or problems. We've even ordered as low as 10.5" long.

Shawn, that's what Kevin had on his Vmax and he wasn't having too much problems at thunder keeping up even with the bike lowered as much as it was all around and extended out.

Sean

I have heard of problems with grinding the headers in turns with 11.5" and lowered forks.

Have you got a bigger pic of the entire bike?

Your wish is my command... I am a pic whore of sorts... Also a bike whore...:thumbs up:

Attachments

• 100_2147.jpg
    100_2147.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_2139.jpg
    100_2139.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2140 #2.jpg
    100_2140 #2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
Depends why you are fitting them I suppose.

I'm using them on my '88. Lowered front and 17" rear and front.

You say you are short and these will let you get your feet on the ground. They also look pretty good and that may be influencing your thinking.

For one up riding the are a serviceable shock. Not outstanding, they are adequate for general riding and will give your bike handling that is more like a cruiser than a sport bike.

With one-up riding they keep the wheel planted on the road when the rear wheel is driven but tend to hop over small bumps rather than absorb those impacts when you are coasting.

Their reduced travel can make life jarring for a pillion and I personally do not feel they up to two up riding. This is especially true if your have a lowered bike.

Ground clearance will be an issue in corners. Rider footpegs and stands will scrape before your headers. Be be very careful when riding over speed bumps because you will scrape the rear headers if you 'bump' over them. Easy does it.

Attachments

• P1020620.jpg
    P1020620.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 17
Back