Attitude

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I am a little wound up tonight. I work on lots of bikes around here & have some very loyal customers but I actually had a guy come up to me tonight & told me you do great work & I have been happy with your prices & service but you dont ride a Harley. He said if you started riding I could get you more customers. I dont give a shit what you ride but it is people like this who give Harley Riders a bad name as I know ther not all that way. I cant wait untill this pricks garage old scool mechanic cant do more than an oil change on his new bike & he tries to come back to me because I am not gonna touch it.

Each there own I could care less what you ride. My older brother rides a n FXR & I have tons of friends I rode with in Texas that mostly rode Harleys all good people & would let me work on any thing. It just seems way diffrent here in Florida. This just pissed me off tonight. Oh well things happen these are just the kind of people that something will happen to one day & they will want you to bend over backwards all of the sudden guess what its not gonna happen. I have picked up these people off the sides of the road on Suday afternoons & everything else & not charged them any thing but now its I dont ride a Harley because they met a new group. Well fuck them from now on.

I think every bike manufacturer has their assholes. I personally don't really care who rides what. I've encountered the "Harley" attitude a few times up here, I think that attitude is everywhere. Hell look a some of the Gen II owners, They have that same RUB, elitist attitude as well. Same with some on Goldwing forums, racing forums, and practically every town out there.

I wouldn't sweat it, whatever makes them feel better about themselves. During a ride I had this guy commenting on my bike then comparing his 1200 sportster to it. He compared it well. not insulting or condescending, but good old school bike talk. Then a kid rode up on an old, multi-colored honda inline 4. Turns out he was like 17 and is the guy's kid. He told me that he built the bike out of several boxes of parts from the ground up and rebuilt the engine. The bike purred, but was begging for some cosmetics. But you can tell by looking at the kid, that he was as proud of that bike as anyone that was on the ride that day. At a young age, he learned what it is to be a biker.

The HD store bought "baditude" doesn't really bother me, I think it's pretty funny.

Here's my listing of the major biker douchebag categories, in rough order of prevalence

1. The Harley Davidson loyalist who has the view that HD's are the one and only true motorcycle, and if you ride anything else, you hate america and are a communist.
"When are you going to give up this jap shit and get a real bike?"
"Come back when you upgrade to a real bike"
"Ditch that rice burner and get some "American Thunder"

2. The RUB (Rich Urban Biker)
Typically found in conspicuous areas posing with a motorcycle that cost at least $20k. May or not be an actual riding enthusiast, though from my experience "not" is more common, the bike is more of a fashion accessory. Typically have officially branded riding gear and a very expensive helmet, all of it spotlessly clean. This projects the image that they take riding very seriously as evidenced by all the money they spend on it.

They like to endlessly talk about how awesome their (Ducati, BMW, CVO Harley) is and if anyone disagrees, they whip out the fool-proof line
"You just don't like it because you can't afford one"

3. The sportbike riding elitist
This is the type of person who wears a speed hump racing leather suit with knee pucks to run out to the c-store for gas. They like to bang on about how many track days they go to and how adjusting their rebound damping 1 click took a half second off their lap times. These are the people who will make fun of you if your chicken strips are fatter than theirs, disregarding you have a completely different bike with different tires. These people typically ride 600's, and hold the strong opinion that anything larger is just for idiots who want to go fast in a straight line. Cruiser riders are not "real riders" to them. Sometimes the arrogance is justified, sometimes it's just an act(read: taking a grinder to the bottom of the peg feelers)

4. The g-string transporter
This is the guy who rides a sportbike with an extremely expensive top shelf helmet, a wife beater, shorts, and flip flops. They usually have their fuck buddy on the back, wearing an extremely cheap helmet(since he had to buy it), a spaghetti string top, booty shorts, and flip flops. Bra straps and g-string clearly visible as she clutches on as he pops wheelies at 100mph through rush hour traffic. These aren't bad to look at, but I still see the guy as an asshole since he's going to end up killing somebody's daughter. I know a few guys like this, and while the guys seem decent enough, their girlfriends are almost always a tremendous bitch. I assume they put out if the drive home from work was thrilling enough, so he's just trying to get laid with all the antics. On the other hand, you get a free peep show if you have a bike fast enough to keep up.

The HD store bought "baditude" doesn't really bother me, I think it's pretty funny. Sometimes HD riders are kind of a douche about the brand, the "get a REAL bike" line, though I've encountered some that seem almost apologetic about it. Kind of like what you said "well, if only you rode a Harley....." Just shows they're too caught up in their Officially Licensed and Endorsed Lifestyle to look past the name on the tank and just go for a ride.

Yeah.... that reminds me of a story of when a buddy of mine rolled into a local "Harley only" shop about 10 yrs ago on his FJ 1200.

A guy who worked there was standing outside in his leather vest with no shirt on and immediately said to him:

"We don't' work on those here".

My buddy said "That's OK I'm just here for some parts"

The guy replied "Well we don't sell parts for those here either."

My friend answered back "Well that's OK......the parts I need are for my Harley......this bike never breaks."

LOL:clapping:

Yeah.... that reminds me of a story of when a buddy of mine rolled into a local "Harley only" shop about 10 yrs ago on his FJ 1200.

A guy who worked there was standing outside in his leather vest with no shirt on and immediately said to him:

"We don't' work on those here".

My buddy said "That's OK I'm just here for some parts"

The guy replied "Well we don't sell parts for those here either."

My friend answered back "Well that's OK......the parts I need are for my Harley......this bike never breaks."

LOL:clapping:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I swear when you buy a Harley they come w cans of attitude and tennis balls for under there arms. Not all but MANY Harley guys have the attitude if you don't ride Harley don't wave,talk to me. I personal know a couple people like this. Who cares what you ride it's about being on a bike being free and ride with the wind.

Let us just say it like it is, most Harley riders are little boy's that never grew up sheeple with a very strong need to belong.

If they only knew just how stupid they look and act.

O

Harley Davidson's them selves are not the problem,it's the culture.That's the only reason I won't ride one:peace out bike:

I've got to agree. It's the make believe 1%' er/poser that makes me want to
puke0000.gif
. They get zero respect from the notorious HD riding clubs they want to imitate. Their low self esteem is massaged everytime they screw with someone like they did with Kyle. I love to smoke it up everytime I go pass them sitting in a parking lot. I'm not sure they can see me wearing sunglasses at night though.
I love everything on two wheels and have owned a Sportster. THEY call the XLCH a girls bike and hate the V-Rod which puzzles me, as I've seen plenty of girls riding A hoggggggg.
Steve-o

I dont care what any one rides there are good and bad one's on all kinds of bikes. I just wish more people had the balls to ride what they want instead of listening to other people & trying to fit into a status. My general manager when I worked at Harley ask me when I was gonna get one & I simply told him maybe when I get old & want to go slow.

I am not going to agree or disagree but i will bet he is a R.U.B. I have been riding for 20yrs and have met alot of great people on all types of bikes including Harleys and Metrics so dont let a few assholes put a label on Harley. Do we label Corvette owners? My Dad said with out assholes life would be boring they are what turn a dull day into a worth talking about....

I'm weird, I ride Harley and Yamaha. 2 wheels make my world go round. Almost bought one of those bikes with a Damn Corvette Engine too....Even thought about the Viper Bike...:confused2::rofl_200:

A lot of Harley purist's have there own internal predigest with the Vrod. They say "it's not a real Harley".IMO it's the best bike they ever had.:biglaugh:

I agree with what you said but the Vrod doesn't have enough Horse Power to interest me.

FYI...The HD in Harley Davidson stands for "Hundred Dollars", if you go into a harley shop and look you will notice most everything with "Harley Davidson" on it cost at least that much. :hmmm:

Back