Australian 2 liter bike V-8

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Forty valves two litre V-8! 13:1 compression

It looks like the Aussies have built a beautiful new V8 motorcycle, the PGMV8. Builder Paul G Maloney, assembled his team, drawn from the shops of World Superbike, MotoGP, Formula One and various other design and racing environments and, starting in 2008, created this impressive 1996cc, 90 degree V8 engine and placed it in a package that, filled with fluids, comes in at 534 pounds. It certainly looks right and is one more example of how a V8 motorcycle should be done, quite a long way from the automotive transplants we're more accustomed to seeing.

Hearing this run in the video made me think of the Honda 12-cyl they built in the 1960's for Formula 1 which I saw race at Watkins Glen.

pgmv8-3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPQnNZdco0&feature=player_embedded

Does make me wonder how come if the Aussies can build a V8 that to come in at 534lbs, Yameringha managed to get the Gen II to weigh 160ibs more! :confused2:
Nice work though. :clapping:

I remember the Honda F1 12 cylinder.. John Surtees drove it if memory serves..

Whats next a boss hoss with a viper 10 cylinder.

Another Viper V10 Motorcycle
BY PAUL CROWE

Viper V10 motorcycleAllen Millyard's Viper V10 motorcycle isn't the first on the street, in fact there may have been many before it. For instance, Paul, one of our readers, sent these photos taken at Daytona a few years ago. It looks like a Boss Hoss with an engine swap. While I applaud the effort the builder put into this, I think the Allen Millyard build wins on appearances and most likely handling. It's amazing how different the two bikes look while using the same huge powerplant.

Photos below:

Viper V10 motorcycle
Viper V10 motorcycle

Viper V10 Motorcycle

Richie Ginther and Ronnie Bucknum were the Honda drivers when I was going to F1 in the mid 1960's at Watkins Glen. Surtees drove for Ferrari and NART when the USA Ferrari dealer/importer, Luigi Chinetti was having a tiff w/Ferrari, and said he would field his own team instead of relying on the Italians. He ran white and blue livery instead of the traditional Ferrari red.

I am relying on nearly 50 year old memories here instead of the internet.

The most amazing thing from that time to my way of thinking is the Coventry-Climax F1 1.5 liter engine was developed from a 1 liter portable fire pump DOHC engine used by the London Fire Brigade!

I have a bunch of pics in Kodacolor from seeing Graham Hill, Jim Clark, John Surtees, Jack Brabham, Dan Gurney, Lorenzo Bandini, Pedro Rodriguez, and others race in those delicate fast cars.

I remember the Honda F1 12 cylinder.. John Surtees drove it if memory serves..

Yes I saw t/he BRM H-16 at the F1 Watkins Glen race, I think it was too complicated is the general opinion, too much friction compared to a V8. I think the BRM did win one F1 race finally.

It has been a star at the Goodwood meet recently when it has shown up to run up the Lord's driveway.

Back