Average cost to paint my Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
My old '86 Max looks like an '86 Max! The paint on the engine is pealing off and the frame has light rust on many spots. Brake fluid from leaking master cylinders has also run down the frame and removed paint and in some spots left the paint kind of flakey. I suck at painting so I plan to have a professional do the job. I know prices vary but can you give me a rough estimate of what it would cost to have someone paint the frame and engine? I just want to drop the bike off at the shop and have them do whatever it takes to do it right. I'm not interested in pulling the motor nor stripping the bike down to the frame. I'm good at removing things and bad about putting stuff back on correctly. I plan to have the fenders and faux tank painted by someone like Sean Morley or a local pro.

Thanks up front!

Fatbiker

If you are not willing to do things right you will get a mess of a job and end up needing to do it all over again.

I had my engine painted by Sean and he does a very professional job. He first removes all the paint and then beautifully reapplies a nice coat of paint in your choice of colors.

Never done engine or frame. My body work, all aftermarket with belly pan and all requiring a lot of prep to ready for paint cost me about $1600 for a show quality base coat clear coat multi stage paint job, including all the prep.

My engine and frame need help now for sure. Should have painted the damn thing before I assembled it.

Personally, I'd strip it down, get the frame powdered and have the engine painted...probably still in the $600 - $800 range...

Thanks for the replies guys! What I need to know is how much would someone charge to strip the bike down to the frame then paint it and the engine for me, then reassemble? I'm sure it's not going to be cheap but I don't want to strip the bike myself.

Fatbiker

That's a lot of labor but to do it right you need to strip it down all the way. We can do it but a rough guess is in the $2k range for engine and frame with r&r. Ive got a candy red raked frame if youre interested!

Back