Award Request for http://www.boxenstopp.us!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for http://www.boxenstopp.us!

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

moperformance

Reaction score
- moperformance

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 10743
User Name: moperformance
What is your name?: Bill Jacobs

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 2
Name: Nice guy award
Description: Forum user who always helps out a fellow VMaxxer

Recipient username : http://www.boxenstopp.us

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

During rebuilding the carbs on my 85 vmax garage find with 7,637 miles I found the phenolic screw inside one slide that holds the needle broken. His shop is 3 miles away and when I tried to pay him for it he said it was a gift .I was blown away by his kindness he deserves our support.
-----------------------------------------------------

yeah, i've had the honor of shaking the man's hand. joe's a wonderful fellow in his own right, and this kind act is definitely noteworthy, but I'm voting NO, because the recipient must be a forum member. What account will the admins display the award on?

My personal experience has been positive. He hosts the get together at Daytona every year, has his shop open just in case anyone would need help, let me display Maxgasser seats there and has been a long time Vmaxxer. Ninjaneer may have a valid point there though. I think the best vote is to keep taking your business there if you are happy with your dealings there. Greg, there may be a little language barrier keeping him from having such a presence on the Forum though. I am reserving a vote until clarification if he should be a Forum member to be voted upon.

My personal experience has been positive. He hosts the get together at Daytona every year, has his shop open just in case anyone would need help, let me display Maxgasser seats there and has been a long time Vmaxxer. Ninjaneer may have a valid point there though. I think the best vote is to keep taking your business there if you are happy with your dealings there. Greg, there may be a little language barrier keeping him from having such a presence on the Forum though. I am reserving a vote until clarification if he should be a Forum member to be voted upon.
+1, I have talked to Joe on the phone and he definately fits the nice guy mold. I too think he should be a member, but if he does not join this is a nice way to acknowledge his efforts and accomplishments within the Vmax community.

haha um i don't think this is going to work. i' recommend putting this in the review section. boxenstopp isn't a member here.

OK I gotta agree, he's not a member. But he should be, I have met him, friendly, free w/advice, he gets a big crowd during Bike Week. People should encourage him to join.

I would suggest that someone encourages him to become a member first. Otherwise like what Was said, where would you even put the award. If every vendor that was helpful and friendly received this award especially when there's no where to put it Buster would have to make a special section for it. There is a area for Vendor reviews and I'm sure although he'd appreciate the thought I'm sure he'd rather have your return business. And the Vendors that actually do belong to this forum should be held in highest regard especially since their actually here in the trenches so to speak. I'm sure he's a nice guy but that's also to his benefit and part of being in the retail business. Sean, Rick, Kyle I'm sure you'd all agree that if your not nice in business you won't be there long at all. But that's just my opinion,

I never thought to check and see if he was a member? :ummm:I just assumed he was.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE. Yesterday I drove to work on my day off so I could soak the last two (right side) carbs in the sonic cleaner before rebuilding them. Some where between stupid and dumb ass I lost one of the main jets.:bang head:
So back again I go to Boxenstopp. I told him up front that I lost one of the main jets and I needed to buy one if he had any. He gave me the part and again he wouldn't take any money. I tried to give him a twenty but he wouldn't take it.
I'm going to go back next Friday or Sat when I'm off and buy a couple Tee shirts! and I'll ask him about joining the forum.
IT'S ALIVE!!
This afternoon after I got the carbs bolted back on I went and bought 10 feet of 5/15 fuel hose, a couple of see through fuel filters, and a brandy new 1 1/2 gal gas can. Flushed out the fuel pump and line to the carbs then hooked em back up with the other end in my new gas can and heard my Vmax run for the first time!:eusa_dance:
She has 4-2-1 kerker exhaust that's the sweetest sound I've ever heard from a motorcycle. Almost like a top fuel dragster. But you guys all ready know this!!
Next I have to pull the gas tank de-rust and seal it because I'm paranoid of rusty gas tanks now!
Thanks again for your support:You_Rock:

Back