Award Request for Jon Cornell! --AWARDED!--

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for Jon Cornell!

• Yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Karmakatt

Reaction score
- Karmakatt

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 10802
User Name: Karmakatt
What is your name?: Lee Ross KarmaKatt

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 11
Name: Purple Heart
Description: Awarded to Vmax brothers and sisters who have been injured.

Recipient username : Jon Cornell

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Jon was a huge passionate lover of Vmax and his family. Jon deserves an award possibly in the Mod Creation category as well. Jon will always be remembered by all and deserves a nod on the road to I improving the VMax. And a special Nod AND Biker secret handshake on the way to Heaven. RIP..
-----------------------------------------------------

Re: Award Request for Jon Cornell!

I would say yes....he bent over backwards to help me out on the other side of the world.
However there is some history between him and some on this site.
Let's all just be respectful in our comments aye

I know this. And he also deserves other awards as well... Simply out of respect for him and his family..
Perhaps another award should be created for those who like Jon, Sean and many others deserve for pioneering products that people will use on their Max's. Like an inventor award..

I had never had any dealings with him...but I believe that this reward is the right thing to do.

I had business dealings w/him and he always did ok by me. He answered questions when I called prior to buying a thing. Sad to see an innovator die.

Dealt with him a few times. Was always nice and would answer any question I had over the phone. RIP Jon

Jon, love him or hate him, he was a true Vmax icon in many respects. This should no way be a sounding board for any opinions and just a respectfully honored guy who helped countless Vmax lovers with their bikes regardless of any individual dealings. It's very sad to lose such an influential member of our exclusive club. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Heather and his young children. The loss to them has to be beyond devastation and hopefully when we all meet again everyone will be so beyond the trivial things that cause our differences we can all ride that great highway in the sky with petty issues long forgotten. Until we meet again, we all owe you a debt for all you strived so hard at making our cherished Vmax's be all we could make them. I'll never forget you Jon, and am sure I'm not the only one. Ed DeMino, aka,CustomMax

He got my vote. I only dealt with Jon one time and he was super nice and very helpful rip Jon.

lovely idea but i'm not sure how to give this award...

Garrett, was Jon a member on here? I was wondering that myself cause yea, it would be hard to give someone an award who wasn't actually on the forum. If he was I don't know what his screen name was. It would be a nice gesture if he is on here but without it would be hard to do. I heard someone mention an award for guys who actually make stuff like Sean, Rick, Jedi and a couple others. maybe you can ask Buster about some type of award for the guys who that criteria fits. Just a thought.

Jon, love him or hate him, he was a true Vmax icon in many respects. This should no way be a sounding board for any opinions and just a respectfully honored guy who helped countless Vmax lovers with their bikes regardless of any individual dealings. It's very sad to lose such an influential member of our exclusive club. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Heather and his young children. The loss to them has to be beyond devastation and hopefully when we all meet again everyone will be so beyond the trivial things that cause our differences we can all ride that great highway in the sky with petty issues long forgotten. Until we meet again, we all owe you a debt for all you strived so hard at making our cherished Vmax's be all we could make them. I'll never forget you Jon, and am sure I'm not the only one. Ed DeMino, aka,CustomMax

well said.

Garrett, was Jon a member on here? I was wondering that myself cause yea, it would be hard to give someone an award who wasn't actually on the forum. If he was I don't know what his screen name was. It would be a nice gesture if he is on here but without it would be hard to do. I heard someone mention an award for guys who actually make stuff like Sean, Rick, Jedi and a couple others. maybe you can ask Buster about some type of award for the guys who that criteria fits. Just a thought.

as far as i know he was not, at least not publicly.

and why don't you shoot your thoughts to Buster via a PM, include me if you'd like.

as far as i know he was not, at least not publicly.

and why don't you shoot your thoughts to Buster via a PM, include me if you'd like.

Yea, I'll suggest the idea and also was thinking that maybe the actual forum members that we've lost maybe there could be some kind of ribbon or something to signify that they have passed on (maybe beside their name) so we (forum members) know that those guys are memorialized by us other than just the "in memory" thread.

I dont know who gave the no to this and dont want to know but if you stick with what the award is for you are wrong. The fit and finish on Jons pipes alone qualifie him.

I dont know who gave the no to this and dont want to know but if you stick with what the award is for you are wrong. The fit and finish on Jons pipes alone qualifie him.

Mike, don't know who did that either, and even though Jon and I had a falling out I wouldn't act in such a negative manner! For Gods sake, the dude died! He had very young children! It is a big loss to the whole Vmax community but I guess because somebody felt cheated or had issues with him that he shouldn't even get a simple award that won't even be possible cause I don't think they can give an award to someone who don't even have an account here to put it on. Even Sean, who was Jon's rival didn't come on here and bash him and if ANYBODY had a right to it was him. Some people need to GROW UP!

i wouldn't take it too seriously, we get odd results on polls sometimes from weird IPs.

Latest posts

Back