Backfiring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycotic

Reaction score
just got a 95 vmax with kerker slip-ons. seems to run pretty good. battery is weak, carbueration seems pretty good, but it seems to be backfiring pretty often during decelleration. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your pilot mixture is lean. Could be dirty pilot fuel jets, out of sync, stuck coasting enricheners or your mixture screws need to be turned out a bit. Intake lean or exhaust leak is possible too.

Had the same with my '99. Shotgun & sycn and 1 oz of Seafoam and BG Supercharge II every few fill-ups and all is good. Might be worth a try.

thanks guys. i tried seafoam. ill try more but ill probably have to clean carbs. is it hard to get to the pilot jets or is there any tricks? i dont know how to sync the carbs:ummm: also had battery tested and its good. they told me i might have regulator or stator problem?

thanks guys. i tried seafoam. ill try more but ill probably have to clean carbs. is it hard to get to the pilot jets or is there any tricks? i dont know how to sync the carbs:ummm: also had battery tested and its good. they told me i might have regulator or stator problem?

Also look into doing the "crimp" fix.

Check out the VMF links for all the stuff you need to know!

Back