Bad experience with http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax-OZ

Reaction score
Forum members be aware when dealing with this German based business as I have been scammed by them.

http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/

These guys are scammers and I will do what I can to spread the word al over the net as they really pissed me off.

I purchased a brake line kit from these guys in December before Christmas some of you might recall.

This mob in Germany does not use Credit Cards, does not use Paypal and only accepts international money orders.
So I went out on the limb and sent them money and exposed myself completely with no protection
It cost me 277 ? plus $25? in local bank fees for the transfer. At the time the total cost was $388 Australian Dollars (~ $400 USD).

Given the Christmas break they only got back to me around the 15th Jan which I understand

They claimed that I sent them an incorrect amount and That I was $22? short in the transfer
I sent them a bank confirmation stating I sent them 277?. As requested and that perhaps it is their own bank that charged them some fees
I explained hat I paid additional 25? in fees myself on my end.

They got back to me saying we will refund your money instead of making their customer happy.
I explained that it would cost me 47? for them to get 22? and that perhaps I can have a negative store credit for next purchase or some other alternative method to pay them through PayPal for example.

Today I received a refund of $300 Australian dollars which is $90 short of what I sent them and I also lost another 25? in fees I paid.
So not only did I throw away 100+ dollars I also lost more than a month on these incompetent, stuck in the Stone Age, non customer focused idiots.

They made no attempt to work it out with me
No attempt or desire to gain a customer or seem to care to do business with
Ripped me off in the process
Pissed me off

Now I don't typically make posts like these, but I will make it my personal vendetta to bad mouth them at every opportunity I get

I can understand that you are not at all happy with the situation.

However, I have to say that when I used them the transaction was made without any issues.

No doubt others may chime in with their experiences?

Wow that sucks that they hammered you for $90 for nothing......I would demand the rest of it back, especially if they never even sent you anything?

damn, that sucks. sorry to hear this. they have some really cool stuff that other suppliers don't have. convinces me to for sure use Joe (Boxenstopp) as the middle man if i ever want something from Maerz.

Thats sucks but I really don't see someone paying you back for bank transfer fees. I would advise to not even deal with that kind of shit and contact Sean Morley for brake lines. He offers good pricing on custom Galfer lines. Turn around is quick, he ships anywhere, and takes paypal if you don't mind covering the 3% paypal fee.

Thats sucks but I really don't see someone paying you back for bank transfer fees. I would advise to not even deal with that kind of shit and contact Sean Morley for brake lines. He offers good pricing on custom Galfer lines. Turn around is quick, he ships anywhere, and takes paypal if you don't mind covering the 3% paypal fee.

This guy is not geared toward doing business internationally.
He doesn't take international CC or Paypal or any other available method of secure payment. He only does the old fashined International Money Transfers for international buyers

This should have been enough to deter me from my dealings with this mob
Through otheer forums this guy was confirmed as stuck in the stone age and likes to feel and touch his customers so he is clearly not interested in a globalised market/economy

The point is $90 wont break the bank. I am not hard pressed for cash. The point is that they have very very bad communication, don't answer any questions after I sent them 4 emails all of which I also google tyranslated.

Made no effort to work out the situation with me except we will refund your money. I sent then 277 Euro fee free. They sent me back approx 210 Euro into my account and I checked with my end and they charge no fees on this end.

So not only was I intentianally ripped off probably to make a point of me sending them 22Euro short (after their own bank charged them) I was also waiting for a product for over a month and I never got it

I should have just gone to Sean and get my brakes there like some suggested. I never had any issues dealing with US, UK, France, but this mob is different and I wouldnt buy of them if my life depended on it

I am a reasonable guy and willing to bend and go out on a limb to make things work, but these guys had no interest in doing that

I ended up pulling all the brake lines from my bike including the hard lines at the ABS unit and sent them to Goodridge to make me a complete set of lines back to the ABS

Should have them back soon

Maerz is a well reputed online shop in France and provide high quality stuff at good price...
I dealed three or four times with them without any problem.
Yes sadly they do not use modern money transfers :(
Each time i chose Cash On Delivery method (so no risk for money loose) but it may be unavailable for US shippings..?

Back