Bank of America WTF

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I have a little kettle corn stand i do on some weekends. I'm doing a little craft/car show tomorrow. I've been working 12 hr days an hour and a half away from home, so I can't get to the bank. My cousin, who helps me, went to the bank of America to get change for tomorrow. I gave him twenties to exchange for ones, fives and tens. The girl at the counter wouldn't make change for him without an account:confused2: That would make sense if I were cashing a check, but I had cash in hand. All I was looking for was an even exchange, using cash. Now in my opinion, customer service wins customers. So instead of making change and possibly gaining a customer, they chose to not make change, and will never have a chance of me being a one

I have a little kettle corn stand i do on some weekends. I'm doing a little craft/car show tomorrow. I've been working 12 hr days an hour and a half away from home, so I can't get to the bank. My cousin, who helps me, went to the bank of America to get change for tomorrow. I gave him twenties to exchange for ones, fives and tens. The girl at the counter wouldn't make change for him without an account:confused2: That would make sense if I were cashing a check, but I had cash in hand. All I was looking for was an even exchange, using cash. Now in my opinion, customer service wins customers. So instead of making change and possibly gaining a customer, they chose to not make change, and will never have a chance of me being a one

I hate them. I used their ATM once on my way to an important dinner and the machine digested my card. Gave me a message to see the teller...as if the card was reported stolen or something. The bank was closed so I was screwed.

The next day I went to the bank to retrieve it and they told me that they destroyed it. I had already checked my account and everything was fine so I told them " First of all you never should have taken the card, and second why did you destroy it?" She replied "We destroy all the cards that the machine confiscates UNLESS they are Bank of America cards."

I was flabbergasted to say the least. I told the manager that is was the worst business practice I had ever seen.

BOA has very poor customer service as a whole. Fortunately my new local branch has good people, it was the only reason I didn't close my account after moving. I have gone into branches of other banks for change before and never been refused service. They didn't even care to ask if I even had an account. BOA on the other hand doing something so asinine does not surprise me one bit. They are normally very consistent when it comes to giving you reasons to bank elsewhere.

I deal with my credit union Northwest federal Credit union . I also deal with other banks for cashing checks from cash paying customers and some banks take money (5 to 10 bucks ) now from me for not having an account with them .

I wont do business with a bank anymore...credit unions are my choice until they adopt that " I'm doing YOU the favor " attitude the banks have...

Too many bounced checks for banks to risk cashing them if you don't have an account with them to take it back out of. BUT, I agree that not giving change cash for cash doesn't make much sense. They have all the equipment needed to verify it's not counterfeit so the only reason they don't want to is nothing that will make sense to anyone.

They have all the equipment needed to verify it's not counterfeit

I'd bet that the reason they wont do it for a non account holder is, IF someone came in with a bunch of large bills, and they changed them out for smaller ones, that would be a quick way of laundering the money without a person to track it back too.

No one teller is going to sit there to examine all the bills handed to them, when there is a line of people waiting. Not to mention, there are some SLICK counterfeiters out there.

I got slipped a fake $20 at the supermarket once. It had the print of the strip, but the strip itself was not embedded in the bill, and it felt real!!! It did not like regular paper.

When I took it back to the store, the manager told me I had no proof that it came from them. Security camera showed I was there, but could not show the bill itself. (like that would have made a difference). I took it to my bank and they asked where I got it from. I told them. They confiscated it, and I was out of $20 bucks. I should have passed it on to someone else, but I felt that was not the right thing to do. My stupidity I guess.

I'm sure that if they had an account holder that brought in one bill, they would not report it right away. If that same person did this multiple times, they would contact the authorities with name, address, etc.

I had an account with them for 4 days- nuff said.
A short time later they were ordered to pay for false loans and mortgages.

Back