Bargain hunter looking for a solution

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickvoodoo

Reaction score
My newly acquired 1985 max has road rash on the rightside can that is pretty bad. Since I am a little strapped for cash I was considering looking for another stock muffler that is wrecked on the left side for cheap. I can then cut the two in half and splice the good parts together with my mig welder. Does this sound feasable or is there another way?

u should be able to get a full muffler in not bad shape for under $75, just keep an eye out on ebay.

You won't be able to practically cut and reweld the halves. There is a lot of internal structure and you would be doing a ton of welding just to make it happen. They are available for pretty cheap though. You could get some cheap cans and cut and weld them in place of the stock cans.

Sean

Can you strip and paint on the pipes you have? If you like the stock exhaust, you may want to look on eBay for the black set. Those are nice, but more expensive than the typical chrome ($100 or less). Otherwise, save yourself almost 30 lbs of weight and get some supertrapps to bump up that growl!

I have a slightly damaged muffler off of my '06. right side has a little bit of road rash, left is good.
Make me an offer.

Attachments

• DSC00956.jpg
    DSC00956.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back