Barnett hat or early Venture?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modnrod

Reaction score
Gday all.
It's been a while since I've said hi daily, but work/family/house, you know how it goes. I'm finally getting around to the 2nd gear jump deal, engine will be stripped tommorrow hopefully, getting ready for next season's racing.....in between work/family/house! And yes, back-cuts, etc.
As part of the drags deal, I've been seriously considering a lock-up hat. It will give a bit more consistency, and allow a bit harder launch without stressing over popping something, once set up the way I like them anyway. Bear in mind, after racing I have to ride the thing home 200miles, so tend to launch the old girl pretty soft, averaging around mid-1.7s out the hole.
I've seen the early Venture's have a more "standard" clutch pressure plate with which I need to adapt the early Kwaka Zed lock-up hat, but the more usual way is to use a Barnett.
Is the Barnett better than the early Venture part, or is it just shinier? :biglaugh:
Also, to save me a bit of detective work, does anyone know of clutch springs that are a drop-in for this conversion, but are about 10%-20% softer? (part of the deal for saving shock loads off the line).
Thanks in advance. Hope everything is still cool with all you guys.
Dave

PS Oh yeah Sean, I asked about the 'Busa 6pot calipers via email the other day, I think I'll go with the blue spots or gold spots, there seems to be dramas occasionally with the 6pot's. Do you also sell the adaptors and blue calipers for a 1987 early model?

The busa brakes are far far far far better then the r1 (blue spot) calipers. We don't even bother making an adapter for the 4 piston R1's for that reason. The only issue we've seen with the busa is an occassional rubbing when first installed that a quick file fixes right up. We are shifting the hole pattern slightly on the next batch to see if we can even eliminate that need.

Sean

Okey-dokey then Sean, expect an order soon. I prefer the looks of the 6pots anyway.

At least, once I've got this sorted out anyway........

Attachments

• Vmax5.JPG
    Vmax5.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 21
Back