Best "fastest" way to clean motor???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the best and fastest way some of you have found to clean the motor on the vmax and leave it shiny?? Went in the garage and the motor was dusty/dirty from sitting through winter and thought to myself shit thats going to take a while :damn angry: . I don't think it would be a good idea to hit it with the hose. Waxing I think would take a month of sundays..Looking for any idea's..Thanks!!
i have been using spray on engine tire shine for years on my bikes , works especially nice with blacked out motors like the v-max and v-65 , try it spray on let sit for a few then wipe off , you wont be disappointed

What is the best and fastest way some of you have found to clean the motor on the vmax and leave it shiny?? Went in the garage and the motor was dusty/dirty from sitting through winter and thought to myself shit thats going to take a while :damn angry: . I don't think it would be a good idea to hit it with the hose. Waxing I think would take a month of sundays..Looking for any idea's..Thanks!!
This is what I use:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Bike Spirits.jpg
    Bike Spirits.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 59
A friend gave me some S-100 and I used it for the first time while cleaning up after my oil seepage problem ( fixed BTW ) The S-100 works great and leaves the motor cases shiny.
Lew

Last edited:
I'll wash the bike with water if needed, dry with a leaf blower and use any automotive spray wax I have on hand. My bike still looks like it's brand new, the motor is perfect no chips or scratches. I use a good carnuba based wax for the paited parts and pipes. No high priced "motorcycle specific" cleaner or waxes needed.

jaxwax.com makes some awesome products as well, everything you need for everything you got! Check it out.

Ironpony.com also carries all the cleaners for all parts of your bike including the pig snot and s100 products, and everything else imaginable for a bike.

Have fun,Ride safe--------and clean..:punk:

I just started using Wizard's Bike Wash. Works really well to clean up hard to reach areas that get dirty or greasy. Just spray a little on and then hose off. It was always a pain to clean the front wheels within the rotor area, trying to get a sponge in to wash, and a towel to dry. This stuff made it incredibly clean with just a little amount of cleaner and a quick hose off. I don't like to clean the bike and anything to make it quicker and easier is great by me.

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store/catalog/Bike-Wash-for-Motorcycles-22-oz-p-77.html

S100 has been around a long time and was originally formulated in Germany I think. Pretty sure I was using it back in 86 on my 86. Got mine clearances at a Harley shop in the 1 liter trigger spray and the gallon refill jug. What I found is that it is not always as strong as I prefer at softening or breaking down the dirt. I almost always have to resort to the soft bristle brush to get things as clean as I like. I'm a powdercoat guy now because it wears like iron and the coater is a few blocks away! I think someone else mentioned they are just cleaning then spraying everything down with WD -40 a water displacer by the way. It just stays there in all the nooks and crannies making subsequent cleanings easier. Wish I could powdercoat my my engine cases! I got a big bore motor rebuild coming up and plan just this and will photo document it for y'all.
PATMAX

Guys, I need some help... I'm trying to find a post or some information on what elect parts if get wet could cause my bike to run bad at lower rpm's, like when cursing?

I just picked up a 2006 on Wed and rode it to work on Thurs... ran fine no issues. I washed the bike on Friday for a ride on Sat... and guess what :)

It's running bad from take off thru mid-range.

I don't remember it running bad before I washed the bike (with garden hose) but I only put about 75 miles on it and most of them was on the freeway. The guy I bought the bike from won't return emails or texts.

Any help would go a long way here... I had a 2000 model (back in 2000) and never had this problem.

Thanks a mil,
David.

It will dry out but you probably got water in the plug wires and coil connections. Get the afore mentioned leaf blower out.

Sean

It will dry out but you probably got water in the plug wires and coil connections. Get the afore mentioned leaf blower out.

Sean

Sean... Thanks for the reply!

I did ride it yesterday when I got home and it was running better but not 100% (like it was). One would think it would dry out just over night but it has been cold and wet out side (bikes in the garage).

What can I do to keep that from happening again? Scott Guard or something? Would suck to run into some rain on a ride.

I'll run it again later today and see if it improves any... it just sucks since I don't know the history of the bike.

D.

Well, I just learnt something!

There is a product called CRC 5.56 which is brilliant for bike detailing, and would also fix LongNap's problem. (Pull off the plug leads and spray with CRC usually fixes that problem.)

It is similar to WD40. ie. penetrant, lubricant, water displacer, but it leaves WD40 for dead!
What I just learnt is it seems to only be an Australian product... do you guys have it?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CRC-5005...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c538a6ae

A bloke who details daily ridden HD's for bikies swears that the absolute best way to detail a HD is to leave the bike in the shade, and last thing before you close the shop, spray an entire can of CRC over the whole bike (except brakes). Wheel it into the shop and leave it overnight. Next morning take a rag and start wiping! Perfect for show n shine, without any fake-looking silicon gloss.
I have used it a lot and it is brilliant!
Any second hand parts I get will be cleaned with CRC to get them looking new again.

It doesn't contain fish oil like WD40 does and doesn't leave any nasty residue behind. A hairdresser friend uses it on his scissors and clipper blades to keep them perfect.
It's mildly abrasive, so when you wipe it off it has a bit of cutting action.
Engine manufacturers dip the piston crown and rings in it when assembling new motors. Doing this is enough to get the rings to bed in on start-up.

If you can get some, try it! It totally rocks! :punk:

Latest posts

Back