best price saddle bags?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
Which saddle bags would u guys recommend for my Gen1? Which one is best bang for the buck?

Thanks,
Sid

+1

It all depends on what your looking for in a saddlebag. Hard bags, soft, cloth, leather....

My friend Sam has a nice set of saddlemen saddlebags on his max.

sdc10224b.jpg

dowcos are nice! cheap too, saddlebags, tail and tank bag (which doesn't work too well but hey its included) for around $150 if you find it right.

thanks guys the above saddle bags do i need special mounting brackets? what prevents the thing from sliding off?

I have two sets of saddlebags - a small set of Willie & Max and a set off a stock V-Star 1100 - Both are the vinyl type and both are bolt on.

I riveted a thick plexiglass piece covering the backside of the saddlebag (inside), drilled two mounting holes and used the rubber part of the stock signal light stem as one bolt on point and the upper rear shock mounting point two.

I did have to move the rear signals to the rear tail light area.

There are some saddlebag support that come up on ebay every once and awhile that has a place for the rear signal lights to be relocated to.

I'm not on a computer that has pictures of my set up to attach to the post, but if you are interested, I can post later.

Mike

Last edited:
Back