Best ranged taser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex85

Reaction score
After my wife read about the UCLA murder suicide this morning she called me up and told me to find her a Taser. The incident was between a student and a professor over a grade, she is a professor and has these kind of interactions every semester. I wish she would just carry a pistol but she is not comfortable with doing so making a Taser the next best thing.

I could easily find her the perfect carry pistol but I know jack shit about tasers since why go less than lethal when I am comfortable with a lethal solution personally.

That being said, can anyone shed some insight on what would be a good ranged Taser? I am going to call up a few of my LEO buddies as well for recommendations since a few of them carry one for duty purposes.

Thanks in advance for sharing your collective wisdom!

I recommend tasers made by Smith and Wesson, HK, Glock, and Sig Sauer. The "electrodes" are available in .380, .357, .40, and 9mm varieties.

I recommend tasers made by Smith and Wesson, HK, Glock, and Sig Sauer. The "electrodes" are available in .380, .357, .40, and 9mm varieties.

lol, got plenty of those already but the wife won't carry one. Have to work within the restrictions she has placed on me.

I looked into them for the girls a while back. Massachusetts requires a special permit, surprise there! But, my daughter lives in Houston, so maybe there? Google it and many come up. They even have one that looks like a cell phone. The one the COPs use has to be aimed and a hit made. I prefer the whip it out of the pocket book and jam it into the perp's mid section or neck. They come in different voltages. I'd imagine the highest voltage one would be most effective, but be larger of course. Used as a surprise they didn't know was coming would be the best tactic, imho. Brandishing it first, like I'd expect a woman to do, would get it used on her. So, some training no matter what you get is in order. I put a rifle in Tina's hands once, checked and racked by me 3 times...lol. The first thing she did was point it at me. The biggest no no. That's when I thought a taser might be the safer route to go.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back