Best Saddle for Taller Riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieRobinson

Reaction score
Too often I find myself just a little uncomfortable on my bike. I'm ~6'2" with my boots on and I think that if I can just move my ass back about 4-6" in the saddle, my ride would be even better.

Can anyone recommend any saddles that move the passenger seat spot back a few inches so I can scoot my ass back?

Sometimes I have to sit on the passenger seat or put my feet up on the crash bars to stretch out. I think that if I could just sit back a few inches further, it would make for optimal arm and leg reach.

Anyone have any leads? Thank you!

Have you ever thought about the foot pegs that will bolt onto the engine guards? That would probably be the simplest and cheapest thing to do. Other seats...or forward controls would cost several hundred dollers.

Too often I find myself just a little uncomfortable on my bike. I'm ~6'2" with my boots on and I think that if I can just move my ass back about 4-6" in the saddle, my ride would be even better.

Can anyone recommend any saddles that move the passenger seat spot back a few inches so I can scoot my ass back?

Sometimes I have to sit on the passenger seat or put my feet up on the crash bars to stretch out. I think that if I could just sit back a few inches further, it would make for optimal arm and leg reach.

Anyone have any leads? Thank you!

4-6 " is ALOT, good luck! their are some guys your size on my seats but it sounds like your looking for way more room then is possible.

There is the MAXGASSER trial program?

I have an original Corbin on the '86 I recently acquired, and it's a lot taller than the custom OEM seat I had made for my '00.

Also, Sean Morley (one2dmax) makes customized seats, and as with a Corbin most people just don't bolt them down as it's easier to remove the whole thing to fill up, he might be able to move the rider back bit over the fuel filler hole for you?

I've been looking and so far this is the best example I can find. This looks like you can sit back a good amount.

Picture24.jpg

Doesn't look very plush to me either. But I am just looking for examples of where the rider can sit a little farther back on the max.

I'm 6'1" and I personally just Modified my Stock seat by reshaping it and adding some 1" high Density Foam (it's MUCH more comfortable than the Stock seat was) and when I'm on the Highway I use my Engine Guards as Highway Pegs.
I also really like/appreciate that Middle Seat Section because without it I probably end up on the ground when launching. :D

Your best bet might be Forward Controls, but your feet will tend to be blown off they at high speeds.
Look Here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=28953

Attachments

• DSCF4687.jpg
    DSCF4687.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 29
That other seat is NOT anywhere near 4-6" rearward. That won't happen unless you raise the seat up to get clearance on the fuel cap and modify the flip section. We've only messed with that one time and have only a small picture to show. Pretty much wasn't what I liked. You'd be better getting the forward controls as was mentioned. We sell one type and there are a few different ones out there.

I saw a seat from Japan that was just like a Honda CB seat from the 70s. Move back all the way to the backrest if you want, you just look stupid doing that and sit waaay too high. Riddle me this Batman, why would a Japanese person need to see so far back and high? Why to see over the handlebars you silly bird! Only in Japan.

Patrick , There could have been a family of six riding on that bike

Instead of moving the seat back..move the pegs back. Much more comfortable on your ass and lower back. Adjust handlebars as well

DUDES! THIS MIGHT BE IT!
Thanks for the link!
I've never heard of forward controls! Never even considered it! I think this might make me a safer rider too and give my legs the space they need. I would love to be able to test this out before buying it.
This basically changes your stance into cruiser mode, right? I think this would be good for me?
My goals are to get my legs out from underneath of me and to get a little of a lower profile on the saddle. I want to sit lower to the ground, I think. Are springs and a fork the solution to that?

Shoot, now that I think about it, this might be awesome. Cruiser mode and low profile.

Reading you post is funny to me Charlie, I'm 6'4" and am extremely uncomfortable with any bike that has forward controls, it's one of the reasons I bought a Max.

I think it is a general rule that it is a safer riding position to have your feet under you, but as for comfort, I think that's a personal preference. I found that when my feet are out in front of me I can't shuffle my seating position, where as when my feet are under me it is easy to shuffle your seating position.

Family of six! You crack me up but for some reason I can picture that as clear as a National Geographic documentary. Imagine what a Chinese acrobat troupe could do!

Reading you post is funny to me Charlie, I'm 6'4" and am extremely uncomfortable with any bike that has forward controls, it's one of the reasons I bought a Max.

I think it is a general rule that it is a safer riding position to have your feet under you, but as for comfort, I think that's a personal preference. I found that when my feet are out in front of me I can't shuffle my seating position, where as when my feet are under me it is easy to shuffle your seating position.

Dude! Excellent point! Thank you for your input!
:bang head:

I modified my stock pegs to fit on with my FWD controls so I have multiple seating positions best of both worlds.. still in the process of figuring out how I can hook up stock shifter at the same time too..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I modified my stock pegs to fit on with my FWD controls so I have multiple seating positions best of both worlds.. still in the process of figuring out how I can hook up stock shifter at the same time too..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I could see having both controls being a good way to go, but otherwise not even having the standard pegs would not work for me at all.

Latest posts

Back