Best seat for '04 Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best looking seat i have ever sean with the gen 2 patern offered by sean.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think the Corbin seat looks like shit, just like the back sissy bar does on the max.
Come on now, it doesn"t look like shit:punk:. Granted, i like the new seats from Sean and Maxgasser better, but I bought these almost 8 years ago still working great. The back rest works great holding my travel bag and keeping my wife attached to the bike.

Attachments

• DSC_0913_2.jpg
    DSC_0913_2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 53
I bought these almost 8 years ago still working great. The back rest works great holding my travel bag and keeping my wife attached to the bike.

Your bike looks AWESOME, especially with those wheels - Carrozzerias, are they? And you're right, the corbin looks fine too. Then again, I never did mind the looks on mine..

Here are a few pics of the Muscle Corbin I had from Sean.

Attachments

• P1070110.jpg
    P1070110.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 57
  • P1070115.jpg
    P1070115.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 50
  • P1080527.jpg
    P1080527.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1080529.jpg
    P1080529.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for all the advice and information guys. You guys sure take your ass comfort seriously.....lol.

Anyway, I am pretty much decided on the MaxGasser due to the fact it looks wider than the others and the ease of fueling.

They are Carrozzeria's.

You have built a really cool Touring VMAX. Those bags look factory, actually, better than factory, GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks for all the advice and information guys. You guys sure take your ass comfort seriously.....lol.

Anyway, I am pretty much decided on the MaxGasser due to the fact it looks wider than the others and the ease of fueling.
+1, getting comfortable seating was high on my list of first mods. Brakes, suspension were first but the seat was next on the list for Redbone. Having a comfortable seat makes the trips into the vboost zone all the more fun!:punk:

i just put one on my 85 last month i love it !! great improvement for the bike and my A** now i can ride the bike for more than an hour and actually walk.. :)

You have built a really cool Touring VMAX. Those bags look factory, actually, better than factory, GREAT JOB!!!

They were Fatmax hard bags, and came with the bike so can't take the credit for those! They are great, but rather overpriced. I did do the rest, and was quite happy with it, thanks.

I like what Sean did for yours, the smooth texture looks great.

Yea I liked that seat a lot, although the texture of the original Corbin also looked good.

That bike's gone now though, and most of the nice extra parts were sold separately to make some of the cash back..

I think I've had 'em all so I'll start with UFO Starfighter. Nice looking cut down seat with nice workmanship and long wearing materials. A bit expensive for what you get and foam was too thin right behind the airbox cover that affected long ride comfort. Lowered and "locked in" feeling improvement way better than stock. Passenger seat just recovered and not altered. No break in time needed. A remanufactured item.
Corbin of course has all new parts and materials. Most expensive. Comes in perforated real leather so will take some upkeep but will eventually breakdown. Top quality assembly with riveted cover instead of staples. Heavy ass seat, very flat, and super firm so long break in time. Looks like riding a couch and refueling is a pain. Getting it wet not good. Not the the lowered and locked in feeling but not bad for long rides.
Sportmax another remanufactured seat with quality workmanship, materials, somewhat customizable, lowered and locked in feeling. Expensive, sometimes a long turn around wait. Looks are good, not too thin up front, decent long range comfort.
Muscle seat a remanufactured seat. Very customizable. Quick turn around time. Good materials, workmanship good but not exceptional. Good looks and impressive lowered and locked in feel without being too thin. Seat made my Max feel more flickable. Rear seat improvement available. Great pricing and customer service.
Maxgasser another all new part/material seat. Completely innovative functionality and design that eases and simplifies refueling yet is only a two piece design. Fully customizable even the foam density. Superior long range comfort which includes the best passenger ride. Not the most expensive but remember, you sell your stock seat which usually brings you in cheaper than a remanufactured seat. Looks are great, different than the "cut down" seats but lines that go good with the Max. Good customer service including a try before you buy program!
Hope that helps bro. A mod well worth the cashish.

I think I've had 'em all so I'll start with UFO Starfighter. Nice looking cut down seat with nice workmanship and long wearing materials. A bit expensive for what you get and foam was too thin right behind the airbox cover that affected long ride comfort. Lowered and "locked in" feeling improvement way better than stock. Passenger seat just recovered and not altered. No break in time needed. A remanufactured item.
Corbin of course has all new parts and materials. Most expensive. Comes in perforated real leather so will take some upkeep but will eventually breakdown. Top quality assembly with riveted cover instead of staples. Heavy ass seat, very flat, and super firm so long break in time. Looks like riding a couch and refueling is a pain. Getting it wet not good. Not the the lowered and locked in feeling but not bad for long rides.
Sportmax another remanufactured seat with quality workmanship, materials, somewhat customizable, lowered and locked in feeling. Expensive, sometimes a long turn around wait. Looks are good, not too thin up front, decent long range comfort.
Muscle seat a remanufactured seat. Very customizable. Quick turn around time. Good materials, workmanship good but not exceptional. Good looks and impressive lowered and locked in feel without being too thin. Seat made my Max feel more flickable. Rear seat improvement available. Great pricing and customer service.
Maxgasser another all new part/material seat. Completely innovative functionality and design that eases and simplifies refueling yet is only a two piece design. Fully customizable even the foam density. Superior long range comfort which includes the best passenger ride. Not the most expensive but remember, you sell your stock seat which usually brings you in cheaper than a remanufactured seat. Looks are great, different than the "cut down" seats but lines that go good with the Max. Good customer service including a try before you buy program!
Hope that helps bro. A mod well worth the cashish.

Great recap. Only thing I would add is the 2nd gen Corbin is much easier to gas up than the first gen. Added an extension to the old Corbin on my 95 which fixed the problem. Have a 2nd gen on my current Max and it is great. Another problem I had on a cut-down seat (SportMax) was serious discomfort in the private area after 50 miles or so. :eek: The forward portion that curves up was pressing against that area. Sold mine after I took first short trip of about 200 miles total. Probably depends on the shape of the mod. Surprised no one else has ever mentioned this. :confused2:

If I didn't use a seat/tail bag on the passenger seat a lot, I would look into Maxgassers seat.

Great recap. Only thing I would add is the 2nd gen Corbin is much easier to gas up than the first gen. Added an extension to the old Corbin on my 95 which fixed the problem. Have a 2nd gen on my current Max and it is great. Another problem I had on a cut-down seat (SportMax) was serious discomfort in the private area after 50 miles or so. :eek: The forward portion that curves up was pressing against that area. Sold mine after I took first short trip of about 200 miles total. Probably depends on the shape of the mod. Surprised no one else has ever mentioned this. :confused2:

If I didn't use a seat/tail bag on the passenger seat a lot, I would look into Maxgassers seat.
I agree that sitting on a full cut seat, I believe it was a Sportmax, that there was pressure in "that" area. I didn't get to take it for a ride but with both feet on the stock pegs. While my Morley Muscle seat isn't a full cut (I have a mid cut) I have no pressure in "that" area.
IMG_1259.jpg IMG_0678.jpg

ive been impressed wholly with the maxgasser, but im biased as other than stock its what ive got. Rick is kick ass to deal with...

peace,
evan...

Back