bike jumped,hurt back

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
This sucks. My age is starting to show. I got my new boost servo and module installed yesturday,and tossed in a K&N filter as well. So ,out to the road to try this out.:biglaugh: Got rolling about 15mph,let off, then hit it hard! Crap,..the back wheel jumped hard 3 or 4 times trying to grab traction. I wasnt expecting that harsh of reaction, and once it starts your committed. It jarded me hard, and boy can I feel it in the back."ouch" It was cool out today, and I think thats the reason it spun and kicked so hard. Before it staighted out , it went a little squirly,witch didnt help either. Is this fairly common ?

Depends on your tire. Mine will do a nice big wheelie if I do that :biglaugh: Sounds like you got it running good. Congrats on that. Sorry to hear about your back though.

This sucks. My age is starting to show. I got my new boost servo and module installed yesturday,and tossed in a K&N filter as well. So ,out to the road to try this out.:biglaugh: Got rolling about 15mph,let off, then hit it hard! Crap,..the back wheel jumped hard 3 or 4 times trying to grab traction. I wasnt expecting that harsh of reaction, and once it starts your committed. It jarded me hard, and boy can I feel it in the back."ouch" It was cool out today, and I think thats the reason it spun and kicked so hard. Before it staighted out , it went a little squirly,witch didnt help either. Is this fairly common ?

Not sure if it's common or not but my '99 has done that a couple times and it pounds the hell out of your back!! Think it's called a 'bunny hop' in drag racing circles.
Best take it easy on your back for a couple days until you find out if you have a compression fracture or not.

Not sure if it's common or not but my '99 has done that a couple times and it pounds the hell out of your back!! Think it's called a 'bunny hop' in drag racing circles.
Best take it easy on your back for a couple days until you find out if you have a compression fracture or not.

bunny hop...yea, that sure sounds like it. I have a charopractors apointment in 2 days. "sheesh, that sounds bad" What have I become..:rofl_200:

Depends on your tire. Mine will do a nice big wheelie if I do that :biglaugh: Sounds like you got it running good. Congrats on that. Sorry to hear about your back though.

Yea,..the bike seems to really get up and go in the lower band. I'm on a learning curve with it. From now on, I'm not going to "shock" the drivetrain"and "shock the back"My mind still gets a rush from this kind of activity,but my aging body cant back it up.

Iv never had that happen. Only high speed wobbles in bumpy corners. What kind of tire? Stock shocks?
Back tire is a "spit fire" Its the cheap replacement tire that everone seems to buy around here. There ok on smaller slower bikes. They wear out quickly, and if stored, they crack around the bead quicker than most tires. They do not have much traction either. Basicly..a cheap burn-out tire.
The shocks are stock, set on the lowest setting,and on #1

Good way to break a driveshaft! But it's fun!

Sean
I always thought that if you had a shaft driven bike,you were safe from breakage. Well..Now I know better.I dont want to break mine. So this bike has the grunt to brake them....hmmm ,sure glad you gave me the heads up. And your right..its fun and entertaining :biglaugh:

what you had was wheel hop. it is the loading and unloading of the suspension/rotational mass. and yes it is the driveshaft/diff killer.

I have a few good pics in the broken parts thread (in the muscle section).

too bad you guys dont have robax platinum in the states,great stuff for the back pain man. its got the muscle relaxant and ibuprofen all rolled into one. highly recommended from one back pain expert to another.

I've tried that. I've got my suspension set pretty hard in the back.
It spins the rear tire and lifts the front end. It's gotten to where I avoid
boost until 2nd gear. I'm too old for all the excitement and if the Wife is
along, I usually get hit in the back of the head for doing it. Less Spin and
more lift with her there.:biglaugh:

Dave

PS: She's safe, I have a sissy bar.

Danny, should I even ask how you know what a compression fracture is? When I broke my back, they called it a burst Fx (fracture). All the vertabrae stacked with vertical compression until it finds the weak spot. L4 for me. It was broken into eight pieces. 25% compromise of spinal cord canal. I think being fat and having my shocks set up stiff keep me from hopping like that. Sean once told me a big can have an advantage with launches with some extra weight. Maybe so. Now if I can figure out how to release the extra hundred pounds after I get launched !

Crap,
I thought this was a thread about you jumping your V-max! Thought perhaps Rockatansky and I had some competition. I would suggest letting your back heal before attempting some air time.:thumbs up:

When you hurt your back like that - or for any other bruise or trauma or shock - the best remedy ever is Arnica Montana. This stuff is just magic.

Look it up - you can get it as homeopathic remedy in any health food store or decent pharmacy, and also as cream or gel to apply directly to any bruised area.

I always carry this stuff - it's truly incredible.

When you hurt your back like that - or for any other bruise or trauma or shock - the best remedy ever is Arnica Montana. This stuff is just magic.

Look it up - you can get it as homeopathic remedy in any health food store or decent pharmacy, and also as cream or gel to apply directly to any bruised area.

I always carry this stuff - it's truly incredible.

I'll see if our health food store carries the cream. I'll give it a shot. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back