bike theft attempt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Big ones on this idiot, too-bad someone didn't detain him however-possible: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/dear-bike-thief-dont-quit-140030005.html

"Bike thieves are terribly good at what they do. Rarely do people recover the missing bikes and the ordeal leaves behind a mess of insurance woes to deal with. Theft deterrents like the Kryptonite chain and lock exist to make it harder for thieves to do their jobs, but the bastards will still find a way to steal your bike. It's a cold, dark, and unforgiving underworld people. There just has to be some form of justice somewhere, right?

Cue the video below of an idiotic bike thief who chose the extremely stealthy approach of punching the ignition of a Daytona sport bike with a screwdriver… in broad daylight, for all to see."

Maybe something like a proximity sensor, I have seen these as keyless ignition systems, if you are too far from bike it shuts down. I was going to buy one kit for my Vmax, replace the ignition switch with just a start/stop button like some sports cars.
Either that or a claymore under the seat, as you are forced off your bike pull a cord for a delayed reaction.

Either that or a claymore under the seat, as you are forced off your bike pull a cord for a delayed reaction.

The Claymore is a good idea but I'd like to have my ride back, even if I had to clean up the mess that was the perp.

I'd like a proximity run/shutdown system. No key needed, but a false key in the ignition. (don't need them getting wise to weather or not you have a hidden transmitter).. Only a mini near field transmitter in by back pocket or jacket. If someone forces me off my ride, they'll get about 200 feet or so, and the bike shuts down. Enough time for me to seek cover or pull my weapon.

I read some where that the real pro's will approach in the wee hours of the night with up to 4 guys at time and carrying a small mattress with which to lay your bike on it's side and to carry the bike back to the waiting pickup, or other truck, at curbside. (the mattress having been outfitted beforehand with special carrying handles at all four corners. Doesn't matter if they can unlock anything as they are packing it away - lock, stock, and barrel. They sort it all out back at the 'chop shop' later.

Thank GOD most of these leeches are not "pro's"
I've never heard of that method.
Someone stole my Honda 750 V4 Sabre when I lived in Brooklyn. It looked like they popped the chain and steering lock when I was at work in NJ.. I hoped they killed themselves on it.

It was found that a ring of lawn maintenance people with those trailers full of rakes, tarps and lawn mowers were cruising and casing homes where bikes were, this was in southern California.
I keep my 2 best bikes inside my house. My running 85 Vmax and a tribute built Goldwing.

I read some where that the real pro's will approach in the wee hours of the night with up to 4 guys at time and carrying a small mattress with which to lay your bike on it's side and to carry the bike back to the waiting pickup, or other truck, at curbside. (the mattress having been outfitted beforehand with special carrying handles at all four corners. Doesn't matter if they can unlock anything as they are packing it away - lock, stock, and barrel. They sort it all out back at the 'chop shop' later.

Yeah....I know in Daytona they would use poles and a several guys to just pick them up and deposit them on a truck. Takes less than 30 seconds. Keep your bike insured....

Back