Bike wont start , please HELP !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steeve

Reaction score
Sorry if am not in the right place .
OK here is some back story , from the first day I bought this thing a couple years ago it would have a grinding like noise when I tried starting it from time to time. I just let the button go and try again and it would start . Well this morning the bike would no longer start , no grrrrr noise just the starter spinning freely it seems. took the starter off , checked and cleaned it and it works but the bike will not catch to turn over . once every 15 to 20 tries it will turn over once but not start and then more free spinning of the starter.
I'm new to this bike and have relied on this site a lot with great people helping me along so please someone HELPPPPP . LOL
Thanks !

By the way you're describing it, your starter clutch is gone. If it previously sounded like there was a bag of marbles in with your starter when you used to turn it over, the bolts attaching it to your flywheel have come loose or completely off... a fairly common problem with VMax's.

Search for "starter clutch" on this forum... there are a few threads and a couple of really helpful vids from Sean Morley on checking and fixing it.

Back